• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

What if they decide to extend Max for 8 years ? At 7.5M.....

You wouldn't want a 30-35 goal scorer for 7.5M ? If we trade Max, we gotta go out and overpay for a similar winger.....Evander Kane got 7.5M, and he's not even as good as Max

I think its more than that, he's the captain of the team and I think the team wants to go in a different direction in terms of leadership. They dont publicly say this, but MB's body language says a lot.

Well...he doesn't need to be the leader anymore.

Extend him, and give the C to Weber...i'm sure Max would want that. His teammates voted him Captain, he probably didn't want to be captain

I just can't see us getting a good return for Max. If we are going to get another Eller/Shaw-type center in return, i'd rather we keep Max and his 30+ goals

Well...he doesn't need to be the leader anymore.

Extend him, and give the C to Weber...i'm sure Max would want that. His teammates voted him Captain, he probably didn't want to be captain

I just can't see us getting a good return for Max. If we are going to get another Eller/Shaw-type center in return, i'd rather we keep Max and his 30+ goals

no no no ....you trade his ass and move on

This is our version of Kessel . Good player just time to move on on a team going nowhere.

Last thing we need are 3 monster contracts for players in their 30`s on a flawed roster .

No one cares what Kane got except the agents looking for comparables in free agency .

I'm sure Florida is interested, but I don't see the fit. Not sure why they'd spend some assets to acquire him to play him on the second line. He's not going to take Huberdeau's icetime as they both play the same position, unless one of the two can play right wing. Plus, Florida doesn't have that many goal scoring issues that need to have assets given up for. Dallas is a similar issue, I'm sure they'd love to have him, but he'll be playing on the second line behind Benn. But if we could manage a MaxPac for Heiskanen trade... A man can dream.

Minny has no capspace and don't really have that many assets.

Let’s be clear here, while I’ve been told Florida is still interested, I also feel the interest was much much stronger at deadline when they were fighting for that last spot. I don’t see them paying hefty prices until they see what they have in their prospects and they do have some good ones.

I agree with those that say Max may be worth more at deadline than in the summer.

Let’s be clear here, while I’ve been told Florida is still interested, I also feel the interest was much much stronger at deadline when they were fighting for that last spot. I don’t see them paying hefty prices until they see what they have in their prospects and they do have some good ones.

I agree with those that say Max may be worth more at deadline than in the summer.

Zero playoff performers like Max probably dont fetch much at the deadline

Make it happen draft night

Minny is loaded with kids and D ....Ek, Kunin, Greenway etc...

They could easily participate in a 67 trade .

No capspace and I'm not trading MaxPac for any of those players alone.

Plus, ownership there doesn't seem to be interested in major changes.

We are talking about Bergevin here......a GM that refused to trade Shaw last season, even though other teams had interest.

I'm sure he'll double-down on Max and extend him....

We are talking about Bergevin here......a GM that refused to trade Shaw last season, even though other teams had interest.

I'm sure he'll double-down on Max and extend him....

For sure, I don't think he even wants to win a cup at this point. Bergevin would be better if he did the opposite of what he wants.

Times are changing.

This is a young mans league now, and teams want to win when young players are on their elc or RFA contracts.

Deals from 5 years ago don't mean much now.

the smartest team in the league gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for a playoff scratch (Tatar)

They save $1.5M next year and if they re-sign MaxPac, he'll be more expensive than RNH who has a caphit of $6M for the next three seasons.

And Deadmonton has a bigger need on defense than they do on wing. RNH finished the year on McDavid's wing and did pretty well.

Same problem as NYI. They have a need on D and possibly in net, they won't trade important assets for a winger with a year left on his contract.

oilers have no wiggle room on the blueline

the smartest team in the league gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for a playoff scratch (Tatar)

Do you want the last pick in the first round plus 2 picks who may never play for Max ?

Tatar will replace the departed UFA`s this summer , he will be fine and locked up.

Do you want the last pick in the first round plus 2 picks who may never play for Max ?

Tatar will replace the departed UFA`s this summer , he will be fine and locked up.

point being bad trades happen

max is a much better player than tatar

RNH was more than fine as a winger, albeit in limited games played.

so was Ty Rattie .... just sayin

i think they would rather keep RNH and play him on the wing as well but it is not unrealistic that they trade him for a scoring winger
they would have been better off keeping Eberle (and/or Hall) though

Sure. And if Ty Rattie can keep it up, you'll have a "fit" for almost league minimum.

But the notion they'd give up RNH for MaxPac is lunacy. They save $1.5M for one year with no guarantee of being able to re-sign him, and if they do re-sign him, he's making $7.5M minimum for 7-8 years probably.

I don't see any real reason they'd trade RNH for MaxPac. Matter of fact, I don't see any good reason whatsoever that they would want to trade for MaxPac. If he had 3 years left on his deal like RNH, the deal would make perfect sense. But alas...

Sure. And if Ty Rattie can keep it up, you'll have a "fit" for almost league minimum.

But the notion they'd give up RNH for MaxPac is lunacy. They save $1.5M for one year with no guarantee of being able to re-sign him, and if they do re-sign him, he's making $7.5M minimum for 7-8 years probably.

I don't see any real reason they'd trade RNH for MaxPac. Matter of fact, I don't see any good reason whatsoever that they would want to trade for MaxPac. If he had 3 years left on his deal like RNH, the deal would make perfect sense. But alas...

there was no good reason to trade Hall for a defensive Dman
no good reason to trade eberle for a third liner
no good reason to trade for reinhart
no good reason to sign lucic

:)

the most obvious reason to not trade RNH is that they do not seem to trust Leon at centre

Back