• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

I actually think there is a path.
Though unlikely.

Get JT. Put chuck at centre. Done.
We have mostly young forwards.
We have Price. Need health and a bounce back.
We have Petry, Weber, and Dahlin.

Easy.

Yeah it's a very unlikely path, but that definitely makes the Habs a very good team.

Pacioretty - Tavares - Gallagher
Drouin - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Byron - Danault - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - Froese (FA) - Shaw

Dahlin - Weber
Mete - Petry
Reilly - Alzner/Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

If we could find a way to get rid of Alzner and Schlemko we'd be better off.

Agreed, but the kids has been getting some heat lately. Fans and press have been patient (including me) but enough is enough. Drouin has been a disappointment so far no doubt.

If he was in Toronto he would of been ripped a new ******* by now .

I think we totally underestimate what we did here GW . We traded our only bargaining chip and got back fcuk all so far .

Its one thing to after Keller straight up .....stud for stud and it fails I can live with it as the attempt to fill your 1C was legit.

What pisses me off to no end is this deal was 90% politics and 10% hockey .

It was made to STFU the French media and fan base over the PK deal . Nero knew he would of been crucified again when JD was traded and we werent involved

If his last name was Drury there was no deal .

This is the production I get out of a clown looking for work in August at 750k ..

Daniel effen Carr would outscore him working for peanuts if he played his minutes .

If we knew Drouin would play like this, there would be no deal for sure. I did not, I'm sure MB and the staff did not, and I'm not even sure Yzerman foresaw it either. I remember TB commentator being shocked at how Drouin didn't look like the same player they used to watch. He's been a major disappointment this year. You said it yourself, he should be able to get 60 points in his sleep.

If we knew Drouin would play like this, there would be no deal for sure. I did not, I'm sure MB and the staff did not, and I'm not even sure Yzerman foresaw it either. I remember TB commentator being shocked at how Drouin didn't look like the same player they used to watch. He's been a major disappointment this year. You said it yourself, he should be able to get 60 points in his sleep.

His playoffs two years ago was a thing of beauty, I rememember watching him and saying that he will be an elite player shortly.

But not even close to the same player today for whatever reason

He definitely has flashes of eliteness but it remains to be seen if he'll be able to deliver the whole thing or if he will just keep teasing us.

Yeah it's a very unlikely path, but that definitely makes the Habs a very good team.

Pacioretty - Tavares - Gallagher
Drouin - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Byron - Danault - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - Froese (FA) - Shaw

Dahlin - Weber
Mete - Petry
Reilly - Alzner/Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

If we could find a way to get rid of Alzner and Schlemko we'd be better off.

So everyone MB signs you just want to trade away eh?

So Craig Button's Draft rankings just came out and we have a new top centre at the # 7 pick, Hayton of the Greyhounds. Evan Bouchard RHD has moved up to the 6 # overall slot. Pretty close to where the Habs could be drafting.

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-bouchard-rocketing-up-draft-board-1.1031499

I’ve been reading up on him for about a month...several reports say he could be playing in the NHL as a 19 year old.

High hockey smarts and the Patrice Bergeron comparison comes up often.

This team has no use for Tavares, it would be a waste of time and cap space for all parties.

He won’t sign with the Habs anyway.

This team has no use for Tavares, it would be a waste of time and cap space for all parties.

He won’t sign with the Habs anyway.

Plus the Islanders have moved him to the wing on the same line as Barzal. Oh no another centre who should be a winger.. lol.

Veleno is almost out of the first round on that list.

With our luck the Bruins will draft him and he will become the next Bergeron.

Correction , Bruins dont pick till the 2nd round, nix that idea unless they make a trade.

Last edited:

it is easier when the other team is focused on stamkos, kucherov, hedman, etc

Back