• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Why?

FYI - He will be 28 before next season starts.

We're all saying the same thing I feel. He's 27, sign him for 7 years, and he'll be 34 and 9 months at the end of his contract.

I still don't know what's wrong with having a legit 1st line center from the age of 28 through 34.

We're all saying the same thing I feel. He's 27, sign him for 7 years, and he'll be 34 and 9 months at the end of his contract.

I still don't know what's wrong with having a legit 1st line center from the age of 28 through 34.

it depends on the price

12m...no thanks

The only way Tavares would even remotely consider coming here is if Price and Weber are part of the plan to build a winner.

So I don’t see Mb going hard after Tavares and than trading one of Price or Weber.

JT probably sign with the Rag$.

I would move Weber before he loses value. He was still playing well before he was hurt.

67 needs to go because of his contract.

Price needs to rebuild his reputation, and then maybe he can be shipped after they’ve paid the big bonuses.

well sure
i just think getting rid of price is even less likely than getting JT

I really don't like Price contract but some think it isn't too bad so hopefully there is a GM or two (besides ours) that thinks the same way.

Price and Weber have name recognition.

Weber was voted the hardest d-man to play against and Price was voted the hardest to score on. They can be moved.

Perception beats reality in many cases. We could take advantage of that.

Price and Weber have name recognition.

Weber was voted the hardest d-man to play against and Price was voted the hardest to score on. They can be moved.

Perception beats reality in many cases. We could take advantage of that.

I tend to agree with this.

Bad contracts associated to bad players is impossible to move.

But big number and term contracts on good players can be moved to the right buyer in the right trade.

Price and Weber are still considered good hockey players, actually still highly regarded hockey players.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the return would be mind blowing on either player but if the goal is to move the contracts I think something can be achieved at a decent return to a few desperate enough teams

But big number and term contracts on good players can be moved to the right buyer in the right trade.

Price and Weber are still considered good hockey players, actually still highly regarded hockey players.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the return would be mind blowing on either player but if the goal is to move the contracts I think something can be achieved at a decent return to a few desperate enough teams

Except that now both of these players have injury issues which will give a lot of teams pause. But even without those issues you'll never get fair value for either of them in any trade and if you're the Habs you have to accept that going in. Ultimately you either want to trade them or you don't. If you do then you can't play hardball; you just take the best deal you can.

But this is just a parlor game anyway because Bergevin is not trading Weber or Price. He doesn't even want to.

Absolutely , but there is no way in hell Nero trades both an accepts failure and defeat .

He already looks like a fool and would be crucified , however these are the precisely the moves we should be doing

We're not getting a Subban in return for Weber, but we can still get nice picks and a prospect.

We're not getting a Subban in return for Weber, but we can still get nice picks and a prospect.

Well if you were trading a Subban at a 9 million cap hit you wouldn't get a Subban in return.

Edmonton had no interest in Subban apparently because of the contract when MB was shopping him.

Last edited:
Absolutely , but there is no way in hell Nero trades both an accepts failure and defeat .

He already looks like a fool and would be crucified , however these are the precisely the moves we should be doing

Yup, I agree

I don't see Mb pulling the trigger on any deal involving these two.

Heck I even think he's gonna name Weber the captain if he deals Max

Except that now both of these players have injury issues which will give a lot of teams pause. But even without those issues you'll never get fair value for either of them in any trade and if you're the Habs you have to accept that going in. Ultimately you either want to trade them or you don't. If you do then you can't play hardball; you just take the best deal you can.

But this is just a parlor game anyway because Bergevin is not trading Weber or Price. He doesn't even want to.

Especially true if he makes a hard push on Tavares...this would be our modern day three amigos

mascherin.png

Could put this under rumours, but I'll just put it here.

The article also talks about the Rangers being willing to trade one of their first-round picks.

https://theathletic.com/282610/2018...es-rangers-open-to-moving-a-first-round-pick/

Back