• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Your reply seems to say otherwise

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hardly, I was making fun of it.

No team has four top scoring LWs on the same team. It was a silly proposition in the first place.

If in their primes, no way you take Gaudreau over any of those other three. You would take the bigger player.

I wish I knew where the theory that skill and size are mutually exclusive began because it seems to pop up all the time on this board and elsewhere.

What is funnier though is that after every series we lose, we lament that we were out physicalled, too small etc, then many of those same posters will call for drafting a small guy.

that is the beauty of skill it comes in all shapes and sizes

as the LW example showed

There is also many different skills involved in hockey, shooting, passing, skating, but also puck retrieval. There is a reason the typical hockey line involved a shooter, a playmaker and a guy that goes into the corner and retrieves pucks. Some small guys are decent at the latter, but usually some size and strength helps in that area.

There is also many different skills involved in hockey, shooting, passing, skating, but also puck retrieval. There is a reason the typical hockey line involved a shooter, a playmaker and a guy that goes into the corner and retrieves pucks. Some small guys are decent at the latter, but usually some size and strength helps in that area.

Yeah when people just yell skill, skill skill or skill > size etc, they often do not define what is skill. As with truth, there are many skills

My "skill skill skill" comment from yesterday was more so just saying our team sucks because we're lacking talent, not because no one came to Byron's defence after Parayko drilled him from behind.

My "skill skill skill" comment from yesterday was more so just saying our team sucks because we're lacking talent, not because no one came to Byron's defence after Parayko drilled him from behind.

We are definitely in need of more skill and that's why we are where we are but discussing why no one came to the defense of Byron is not a parallel conversation to be having with skill on this team.

What that incident showed is just that there is very little team chemistry and that this team is not a tight group.

Karl Alzner said it two weeks ago, the dressing room is quiet and morbid, there is very little laughter or joy to be playing.

Most of the guys know they are either going to get moved or are just not going to be on this team next year.

It's a really shitty year all around

The reason why the dressing room is quiet is become the team sucks. Alzner is one of the main culprits behind the sucking.

They can laugh and be as upbeat as they damn well please - it's not gonna stop them from sucking.

The reason why the dressing room is quiet is become the team sucks. Alzner is one of the main culprits behind the sucking.

They can laugh and be as upbeat as they damn well please - it's not gonna stop them from sucking.

I don't think anyone is debating that.

When the team is not playing well it's not a pleasant situation to be in.

As a fan to be honest I just want this season to end, it's been miserable since week one, so I can't imagine how much players want this to end to.

So we at the moment are gonna have a fairly high first round pick and two early second rounders. (which is not a rebuild but not to shabby). Maybe more if Shaw or some one gets dealt. Who do we go after??

So we at the moment are gonna have a fairly high first round pick and two early second rounders. (which is not a rebuild but not to shabby). Maybe more if Shaw or some one gets dealt. Who do we go after??

we are trading our 3 seconds for another Shaw character type

I believe the reason they're losing, aside from being crappy, is lack of focus. They need to keep doing that.

Back