• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

I don't think I give them anything of value in return. GGpX accurately pointed out the signing bonuses implications on the buyout. We would pretty much be sacrificing 5M of cap space for the next 5 seasons.

a 7th rounder in 2030 for lucic and the number 10

if the plan is to suck for 5 years i would consider it

yeah we would be stuck with Quasimodo for the rest of his contract, which is atrocious.

Then again, it is a total Bergivinianesque move. Lose out on signing the guy, say you want a faster younger team then go and trade for the slow old guy who turned you down two years ago

Depends what the rebuild strategy is. Lucic is another shitty player like Pleks that you can have on the team during a rebuild. Players like Lucic and Pleks make sure the team kinda sucks to ensure better draft picks.

i do not quite think ppl understand how bad Lucic is

It's the herp derp McCarron size huuurrpp syndrome. Nobody cares about how he actually plays, they see that he's 6'03" 235 and hits people. $6M caphit for 5 more years? idgaf i wanna see him fight

Depends what the rebuild strategy is. Lucic is another shitty player like Pleks that you can have on the team during a rebuild. Players like Lucic and Pleks make sure the team kinda sucks to ensure better draft picks.

the problem is it is for 5 years
not 1 or 2

I think it's more the memories of what Lucic used to contribute to a team.

I do expect him to be better next year as it will be hard to be worse.

But his 34 points flattered him and he is where any play went to die. He could not even receive a pass for large stretches. It was hilarious.

I do expect him to be better next year as it will be hard to be worse.

But his 34 points flattered him and he is where any play went to die. He could not even receive a pass for large stretches. It was hilarious.

That seems to be worse than a simple age regression.

I don't think I give them anything of value in return. GGpX accurately pointed out the signing bonuses implications on the buyout. We would pretty much be sacrificing 5M of cap space for the next 5 seasons.

The value we’re getting is that #10 overall...I may have tunnel vision because all I see is having two picks in the top ten but I don’t see Edm giving up a pick like #10 without at least getting something back.

Lucic is shit, we all know it but that #10 is a very nice pick to have when you are starving for quality prospects

Last edited:

I actually somewhat agree, we all know Lucic is just not that good, but who really cares at this stage.

Bite the bullet take the cap hit and than deal with what you can’t and can do with his contract.

That #10 pick is exactly what we need to compliment the #3.

This organization needs to have a huge draft to fix what is ailing it and two top ten picks along with those 2nd rounders is
What we need to see

imagine to go along with #3 you can get #10 and trade Max for another 1st rounder?!?!:thumbup1:

The value we’re getting is that #10 overall...I may have tunnel vision because all I see is having two picks in the top ten but I don’t see Edm giving up a pick like #10 without at least getting something back.

Lucic is shit, we all know ot but that #10 is a very nice pick to have when you are starting for quality prospects

previous 10th overall

Owen Tippett
Tyson Jost
Mikko Rantanen
Nick Ritchie
Valeri Nichushkin
Slater Koekkoek
Jonas Brodin
Dylan McIlrath
Cody Hodgson
Keaton Ellerby
Michael Frolik
Luc Bourdon
Boris Valabik
Andrei Kostitsyn

If we did not have Alzner i would feel better about this Lucic thing.

The issue is how many old declining players can you have making big money in 4 years.

Alzner, Price, Weber, Lucic...then you need to sign your hopefully currently young/undrafted stars.

Now if you plan is to suck hard for 4-5 years okay. Lets look at what we can get for Price and Weber.

I am not worried about Lucic's contract in year 1 or 2...it is from 3-5 i worry.
Which is why edmonton wants him gone...they are hoping to contend now.

but then you cant sign them because you have Lucic under contract :p

Find a way to berry him somewhere in two years, I’m not sure how his contract is structured but all I know is that a top ten overall pick in a pretty good draft is hard to pass up without having to lose any assetss of value.

Buy out Alzner and live with a 4rth liner making 6.5 mil a season....a lot easier to swallow when in two years that #10 pick can be a top end dman

Just demonstates how much we need quality prospects in a hurry.

If we did not have Alzner i would feel better about this Lucic thing.

The issue is how many old declining players can you have making big money in 4 years.

Alzner, Price, Weber, Lucic...then you need to sign your hopefully currently young/undrafted stars.

Now if you plan is to suck hard for 4-5 years okay. Lets look at what we can get for Price and Weber.

I am not worried about Lucic's contract in year 1 or 2...it is from 3-5 i worry.
Which is why edmonton wants him gone...they are hoping to contend now.

Exactly, get rid of Alzner who is actually more of a liability playing 12 minutes a game on D than Lucic playing 12 minutes a game on a bottom two lines.

I want that #10 overall more than an Olive Garden chicken parm:pepper

Exactly, get rid of Alzner who is actually more than a liability playing 12 minutes a game than Lucic playing 12 minutes a line on a bottom two lines.

I want that #10 overall more than an Olive Garden chicken parm:pepper
Things are getting serious now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back