• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Tkachuk is ranked # 1 in terms of compete level for this draft of players. So the question is does he have a enough talent to go with it.

Even accounting for variances in quality of draft year, someone ranked around 5 should be better than someone in the 20’s. No?

we'll see; they both seem like very good 2nd line pivot is their ceiling. Whereas Quinn is more of a wild card with top pairing ceiling.

What makes Kotkanemi any better than Poehling?
Absolutely nothing - the fact no one even questions where Dahlin or Svechnikov get chosen essentially means it’s a total crap shoot from 3-onwards.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Jay O’Brien, Jack Wise or the plethora of Cs projected in the 2nd & 3rd rounds end up in 5-years time possibly being amongst the best players of this draft.

I’ve been on the Hughes bandwagon from the get go, not changing now..

I feel like I am alone on this board when it comes to Tkachuk. I really like the kid.

He's the kind of guy I'd be happy with at like 7 or 8. I think he's got the potential to be a rugged 30g winger. I would rather bet on the guys with even higher upside.

I think I've settled on who I want us to pick. Quinn Hughes. I think he's the highest upside player available at #3. That kind of skating makes his floor and ceiling higher than anyone imo.

I think I've settled on who I want us to pick. Quinn Hughes. I think he's the highest upside player available at #3. That kind of skating makes his floor and ceiling higher than anyone imo.

copycatter :couch

we'll see; they both seem like very good 2nd line pivot is their ceiling. Whereas Quinn is more of a wild card with top pairing ceiling.

Yep... and I truly believe his floor is higher than anyone. His skating and ability to dangle and control the game are very rare. If he was 6'2" with the exact same skill set... he might even be ranked #1.

Yep... and I truly believe his floor is higher than anyone. His skating and ability to dangle and control the game are very rare. If he was 6'2" with the exact same skill set... he might even be ranked #1.

Yeah...chances to draft such a unique skill set don't come around very often. I worry Bergevin is like most GMs -- will play it safe in order not to be criticized. OTOH, Bergevin has shown he doesn't care that much about the headlines. So who knows...

He's the kind of guy I'd be happy with at like 7 or 8. I think he's got the potential to be a rugged 30g winger. I would rather bet on the guys with even higher upside.

BT is a great pick if your the Peg , stacked with elite top 6 talent . He will be sheltered perfectly and can compliment both top 2 lines .

For us we need high upside talent , not secondary star type of players .

We need a guy to help drive the bus .

Yup.

Also, he's the most entertaining player in the draft. That counts for something, especially in this market.

Back