• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

If we're confident that the player we really want would be available at #5-6, we'd be better trading down and adding assets than demanding the impossible and not getting any additional assets.

If we're confident that the player we really want would be available at #5-6, we'd be better trading down and adding assets than demanding the impossible and not getting any additional assets.

The draft mystery starts at 3 . We need a team desperate to think that its a top 3 draft and the drop off begins at 4 .

At 5-6 we will get a good player but need to be compensated well .

I am not taking POJ caliber prospects to move down , not a chance .

if the player i want is going to be down a few spots you trade for whatever you can get

but there is an element of risk involved

How would you make that look like a hockey trade though. Would it be necessary for approval?

For example Mete for Lucic and 1st? Would something like that work?

Wasn't there a nice example two years ago when Florida wanted to unload that horrible David Bolland contract.

They traded Bolland and A level prospect #11 overall Lawson Crouse to Arizona for a 3rd round pick and conditional 2nd rounder

if the player i want is going to be down a few spots you trade for whatever you can get

but there is an element of risk involved

Yeah, you kinda need to have a plan B that you are comfortable with, or be really sure that nobody else is eyeing the player you want.

I would take Lucic and #10 overall for our last 2nd round pick and a 3rd rounder.

Having #3 and #10 overall this year can guarantee us an A level prospect at forward and on defense.

For a team like ours so desperately needing quality prospects this can be huge.

Last year his top 10 was:

1-Makar 2-Heiskanen 3-Hischier 4-Tippett 5-Thomas 6-Glass 7-Patrick 8-Tolvanen 9-Ikonen 10-Necas

His top 5 2 years ago was:

1-Chychrun 2-Matthews 3-Laine 4-Tkachuk 5-Puljujarvi

So, he's clearly swinging for the fences but he's far from perfect.

Pretty sure he has Laine #1, Matthews #2. The rest I don't remember.

Wasn't there a nice example two years ago when Florida wanted to unload that horrible David Bolland contract.

They traded Bolland and A level prospect #11 overall Lawson Crouse to Arizona for a 3rd round pick and conditional 2nd rounder

A level prospect ... not a chance

He had bust written all over him . The Chad Kilger of our time .

Florida fooked up big time with that pick in a stacked draft .

I would take Lucic and #10 overall for our last 2nd round pick and a 3rd rounder.

Having #3 and #10 overall this year can guarantee us an A level prospect at forward and on defense.

Well yeah, that’s a no-brainer of a trade. We draft Hughes at no. 3 and take a forward at 10. And if we can get a first rounder for Max too . . .

Yeah, that sounds terrible. That would be a nice starting point, nothing else.

Deadmonton would be jumping for joy if that was all that they had to pay to get out from that contract.

They can't buy it out because of the signing bonuses and Lucic has a NMC, effectively limiting any possible trade he wouldn't agree to.

yeah we would be stuck with Quasimodo for the rest of his contract, which is atrocious.

Then again, it is a total Bergivinianesque move. Lose out on signing the guy, say you want a faster younger team then go and trade for the slow old guy who turned you down two years ago

I don't think I give them anything of value in return. GGpX accurately pointed out the signing bonuses implications on the buyout. We would pretty much be sacrificing 5M of cap space for the next 5 seasons.

Back