• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

The value we’re getting is that #10 overall...I may have tunnel vision because all I see is having two picks in the top ten but I don’t see Edm giving up a pick like #10 without at least getting something back.

Lucic is shit, we all know it but that #10 is a very nice pick to have when you are starving for quality prospects

Oh I'd love to have that 10th overall pick, but we would pretty much be carrying a huge handicap in the next 5 years with Lucic. I'd do it straight up, but I wouldn't sweeten the pot too much.

Re: Lucic

Need to keep in mind there’s a very high likelihood players will be locked out in 2020 and upon signing new deal there’ll be a non cap impacted buyout period.

Oh I'd love to have that 10th overall pick, but we would pretty much be carrying a huge handicap in the next 5 years with Lucic. I'd do it straight up, but I wouldn't sweeten the pot too much.

I still think there are a couple of teams that would take that salary on amd throw in a 2nd rounder to get a shot at #10.

I will quickly forget about Lucic if after the first round we are sitting with Quinn Hughes with #3 and one of Kotkaniemi or Wahlstrom at #10

Re: Lucic

Need to keep in mind there’s a very high likelihood players will be locked out in 2020 and upon signing new deal there’ll be a non cap impacted buyout period.

The NHL has no basis to lock the players out again, even though I would not be shocked if Bettman did. The NHL might want more but the player nothing more to give, they have been ground down to nothing in the last two negotiations.

I still think there are a couple of teams that would take that salary on amd throw in a 2nd rounder to get a shot at #10.

I will quickly forget about Lucic if after the first round we are sitting with Quinn Hughes with #3 and one of Kotkaniemi or Wahlstrom at #10

we won't take a 5'7 dman at 3

The NHL has no basis to lock the players out again, even though I would not be shocked if Bettman did. The NHL might want more but the player nothing more to give, they have been ground down to nothing in the last two negotiations.
Basis shmasis what does basis have anything to do with it? Players have a lot more to give starting with guaranteed contracts a la NFL.

Basis shmasis what does basis have anything to do with it? Players have a lot more to give starting with guaranteed contracts a la NFL.

what are they going to get in return? What will the owners give up because NFL might have no guaranteed contracts but they have huge signing bonuses and other guaranteed money.

what are they going to get in return? What will the owners give up because NFL might have no guaranteed contracts but they have huge signing bonuses and other guaranteed money.
Why do the owners have to give anything up? Just destroy their souls & obliterate the players right to exist. NHL players don’t have the cajones to last out the war...

Exactly, get rid of Alzner who is actually more of a liability playing 12 minutes a game on D than Lucic playing 12 minutes a game on a bottom two lines.

I want that #10 overall more than an Olive Garden chicken parm:pepper

You eat at Olive Garden?

Yuck

I think it's more the memories of what Lucic used to contribute to a team.

Yeah, and would those memories be? He was known as a big power forward that would hit people.

The goals and points were always secondary to that for a bunch of people.

Yeah, and would those memories be? He was known as a big power forward that would hit people.

The goals and points were always secondary to that for a bunch of people.
I mostly remember an intimidating 20 goals, 50-60 points winger that was a matchup nightmare. Big physical forward who can score are highly sought after, as you know. Big physical forwards who can't score, not so much.

Back