• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Here's the thing.

MB goes off the board at 3 and Zadina turns into a PPG player and Hughes turns into Ryan Ellis, MB is done. Also, it takes longer for D men to round into their final form, usually mid 20s. Forwards, especially wingers, tend to have more of a impact sooner.

MB needs immediate results, he's going for Zadina.

The odds off Zadina being a point a game player with us is slim to none. We haven't had one in what 30 years .

The odds of Hughes being a top pair D with us is much greater .

He is the perfect partner for Weber and the ideal player in this new NHL where elite speed and puck movers are at a premium.

We have a much greater need for this player over Zadina .

He is more skilled and dynamic than Krug who put up insane numbers this year.

I don't see any drop off in BPA between the 2.

No offense, but that’s just not smart. At no. 3 you take the BPA, which no one but you thinks might be Hughes, not someone to be Shea Weber’s partner.

I would be OK if the Habs pass on Zadina because their scouts don’t think he’s that good, but it would be a mistake to pass on him because they don’t think they “need” him, specifically with so high a draft position

The odds off Zadina being a point a game player with us is slim to none. We haven't had one in what 30 years .

The odds of Hughes being a top pair D with us is much greater .

He is the perfect partner for Weber and the ideal player in this new NHL where elite speed and puck movers are at a premium.

We have a much greater need for this player over Zadina .

He is more skilled and dynamic than Krug who put up insane numbers this year.

I don't see any drop off in BPA between the 2.

The theory of drafting for need instead of BPA got the Habs to this point. You draft BPA and if that creates a surplus you trade for need. Nashville does that rather well.

Besides, the Habs have 4 second rounders, they can draft C and D then.

The theory of drafting for need instead of BPA got the Habs to this point. You draft BPA and if that creates a surplus you trade for need. Nashville does that rather well.

Yup. Drafted Jones at number 4 even though they were stacked on defense, and got a number 1 center out of it.

If they drafted according to how the draft went looking for centers they end up with Elias lindholm.

Do you see a major drop off with Zadina and Hughes, I dont whatsoever

Yup. Drafted Jones at number 4 even though they were stacked on defense, and got a number 1 center out of it.

If they drafted according to how the draft went looking for centers they end up with Elias lindholm.

Jones was gift wrapped at 4 , EL was clearly a notch lower than him

Other than Mac ...many had Jones 2-3

We’ll find out in about a months time what Ducharme & Bouchard think of Zadina...

Other than Dahlin , I could see anyone in the top 7 emerge in that group as the star of his draft. This is like 2015 many great players emerging after CMD and Eichel .

Corey Pronman released his draft rankings yesterday...

https://theathletic.com/342438/2018/05/21/pronmans-2018-nhl-draft-board/

_____

pdraft2.jpg

Kotkaniemi has a lot of people talking.

Wouldn't surprise me the me the least bit if we take him at #3

Kotkaniemi has a lot of people talking.

Wouldn't surprise me the me the least bit if we take him at #3

I don't think MB has any balls left at this point.

He needs to at least hit a double, he's not going to be swinging for home runs right now know he can potentially strike out.

For him to survive he needs number 3 playing in the league by next season latest, and he needs 2 second rounders playing within the next 3 seasons.

As such, he can't reach, because if he fails, he's done.

Dobson has dropped to #20, I dont think that will happen after the Memorial Cup is over. Pronman dude seems to like Russians, looks like he bumped up a few.

Last edited:
I really think MB is gonna be busy at this draft. I think BPA @ #3 and then I also think he makes a deal with a combo of something off his roster and the 2nd's to grab a second 1st rounder.

Back