• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Bode Wilde, sang Noel, Ryan McLeod, Mattias Samuelsson, Jacob Olofsson, Calen Addison, Akil Thomas, Benoit-Olivier Groulx still on the board

Here's the Top 10 remaining from Bobo's list:

19. Serron Noel - RW
22. Ryan McLeod - C
25. Bode Miller - D
26. Jared McIsaac - D
28. Akil Thomas - RW
31. Mattias Samuelsson - D
33. Benoit-Olivier Groulx - C
35. Jack McBain - C
37. Jesse Ylonen - RW
38. Jonatan Berggren - LW

Oh yeah. I roofied the Tartar trade out of my mind. What a useless deal that was.

Here's the Top 10 remaining from Corey Pronman's list:

14. Jesse Ylonen - RW
16. Ruslan Ishakov - RW
18. Kirill Marchenko - RW
19. Bode Wilde - D
22. Jake Wise - C
24. Jonatan Berggren - LW
25. Semyon Der-Arguchintsev - C
26. Ryan McLeod - C
28. Calen Addison - D
30. Niklas Nordgrem - RW

Kirill Marchenko, Bode Wilde, Calen Addison, Jake Wise are my picks for 35 and /or 38.

I'd like Xavier Bernard for one of our later seconds.

Serron Noel scouting report:

A very large and lanky power forward, he moves pretty well. He gets low and uses his edges to turn on a dime. Quick feet, too, and his mobility is improving. He’s an offensive threat. Lowering his shoulder, he drives to the net with conviction. A tough-to-move fixture in the lower slot where he can be found battling for rebounds and tips. He uses his big frame to protect the puck and drag it up ice. Serron possesses some slick moves and he knows what to do down low, around the goal line. With a quick release, he can rip his wristshot, which appears to be NHL calibre – 28 goals for Oshawa don’t lie. Because of his size and his somewhat under-rated puck skills, he can dominate entire shifts. Aggressive on the forecheck, he is able to use his reach to disrupt breakout plays and force defenders into hurried decisions. Certainly, Noel can take bumps to maintain the puck. He’s not afraid to throw his own body around and create space that way. However, he could ratchet up the intensity in his own zone, though, showing he has the ability to better establish a presence at both ends. He could barge his way into even more puck battles. But he is savvy enough to jab his stick into passing lanes in time to break up attacks in his defensive zone. He hustles when he’s backchecking and he’s a decent penalty-killer, too

Just read in another article Noel only generated 105 shot last season in 62 games. That probably scared a few away. Thats very little shots for someone who is not a playmaker.

Back