• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

The his best bet is to move down. Lots of top 10 options that would love that pick and dump assets.
This way he gets what he gets and he doesn’t get us upset.

Question to all:

Would you trade #3 to the Isles for #11 & 12?
Not a chance - need to pocket one elite talent be it at forward or D in the 1st round, IMO said elite skill set will likely not be available at #11, but I would gladly take both those picks for Max! [emoji51]

Question to all:

Would you trade #3 to the Isles for #11 & 12?

Nope.

I might consider what Demon Blond suggested, though. #3 for #8 & #27, but even then, I feel Chicago would need to add something to sweeten the deal.

Just keep the 3rd pick, get your first line center - he doesn’t have to be “elite” - and then keep building.
I’m more intrigued about a potential Max deal, and separately Sabres apparent interest in Petry with other component(s) potentially netting ROR.

We drafted our non-elite pivot last summer.

Best Player Available of Fack Off.

Anyway, Bobby Mac says he’s a legit. top 5 pick this year so at no. 3 he might be the BPA or close enough to it. I think CBJ fans are pretty happy right now with the PLD pick at no. 3 a few years ago, because they badly needed a center too, when many thought that was a reach.

Last edited:
Back