• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

i think you are better to go centres early and dmen / wingers later on
seems more Dmen provide value later on

1st round pick, 3rd overall - Montréal
2nd round pick, 35th overall - Montréal
2nd round pick, 38th overall - Montréal (from Chicago - Danault trade)
2nd round pick, 56th overall - Montréal (from Toronto - Plekanec trade)
2nd round pick, 62nd overall - Montréal (from Washington - Eller trade)
3rd round pick, 66th overall - Montréal
4th round pick, 97th overall - Montréal (from Los Angeles via Montréal - King trade, Mitchell trade)
4th round pick, 102nd overall - Montréal (from Edmonton - Montoya trade)
4th round pick, 122nd overall - Montréal (from Winnipeg - Morrow trade)
5th round pick, 128th overall - Montréal

7 picks in the top 100 , need 3 solid developed players from that group

To lazy to check but thought Aho was an early 2nd - which essentially is a 1st.

I believe Point went in the mid 3rd or even 4th (like Arvidsson) - not many skill guys have been slipping that late since 2011

I believe Point went in the mid 3rd or even 4th (like Arvidsson) - not many skill guys have been slipping that late since 2011

If you include D and good contributors , not a bad list past 2011

2012 Ghost , Parayko, Josh Anderson , Miller , Kerfoot ,

2013 Guentzal , Bjorkstrand , Heinen,

2014 Point, Montour , Donato ( small sample ) , Dvorak , Arvidsson ,

yee but we have 35 and 38
those are early 2nd rounders

Arvidsson was even in his second draft. My boy, Simon Boisvert, was championning for someone to take him the year before.

yee but we have 35 and 38
those are early 2nd rounders
We’re saying the same thing - the Habs have to strike with their 4-2nd rounders, I doubt any skill will slip to 3rd onwards the way teams are more focused on skill nowadays.

All I want for them is to not use those picks on players like Benoit-Olivier Groulx or Jared MacIsaac.

Go for boom or bust players. Go for skill. Go for someone who actually has something that could translate into being a top-6 forward or top-4 d-man. **** these conservative, low ceiling picks. Sign those in the middle of July if you need 'em.

All I want for them is to not use those picks on players like Benoit-Olivier Groulx or Jared MacIsaac.

Go for boom or bust players. Go for skill. Go for someone who actually has something that could translate into being a top-6 forward or top-4 d-man. **** these conservative, low ceiling picks. Sign those in the middle of July if you need 'em.

I want Jett Woo because his name is cool

Also like Calen Addison if we are going for a smaller Dman
by like him i mean i like that he put up PPG as a dman and I know nothing else aboot him

I wouldn't mind either.

Go big or go home. The last thing I want to hear is that we picked a player whose best attribute is either his size, his ka rek tur or his leadership.

A pick that I would love later on would be Mathias Emilio Pettersen. Small player who is really talented. Don't know if he's talented enough to make it, but Worth a shot.

He's a player that has had highlight videos since he was 6 years old and you could see his natural progression through those. Been watching him for literally over a decade now. It's pretty incredible how time flies.

Pierre LeBrun‏ Keep hearing rumblings of Montreal weighing the merits of moving down from No. 3... would Arizona at No. 5 be a fit? Or lower down? Or does it make most sense for the Habs to stay put at No. 3...

There we go, now we're talking.

Trading down from 3 to 5 or 6 is perfect for me. Further than that I start to get a little uncomfortable.

Pierre LeBrun‏ Keep hearing rumblings of Montreal weighing the merits of moving down from No. 3... would Arizona at No. 5 be a fit? Or lower down? Or does it make most sense for the Habs to stay put at No. 3...

There we go, now we're talking.

Couple of questions

1) if the habs trade down to 5 but would the price be....second rounder?
2) who would draft who? - i assume zadina at 3 or 4 but who else is looking likely there?

Back