• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PS GDT - Leafs @ Sens 7:30PM SNET

number17

Mod Squad
Been a while since a GDT so here we go .... this is the first pre-season game for the Leafs' 17-18 season. Not sure about the lineup at this point, but Babs usually plays his 'bubble players' heavy in the first half of the exhibition games, and his lineup is more set for the 2nd half.

So we should see lots of Dermott, Liljegren, Grundstrom, Sparks etc tonight.

I'm cheering for the tank commander Sparks. It would be great to have him become a solid part of the team as a backup after helping give us AM.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Kapanen-Mueller-Soshnikov
Martin-Moore-Fehr
Leivo-Aaltonen-Brown
Timashov, Lindberg

who is mueller?

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Kapanen-Mueller-Soshnikov
Martin-Moore-Fehr
Leivo-Aaltonen-Brown
Timashov, Lindberg

who is mueller?
"Mueller, 31, skated in 68 games for the Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) in 2016-17, scoring 19 goals and adding 48 assists for 67 points. In 578 career AHL games, Mueller has registered 410 points (170 goals, 240 assists). The West Seneca, New York, native was named an AHL All-Star in 2012 and won the 2014 Calder Cup championship as a member of the Texas Stars. In 68 career Calder Cup playoff games, he has notched 23 goals and 25 assists for 48 points.

Mueller has three goals and seven assists in 53 career NHL games with the Nashville Predators, Dallas Stars and New York Rangers. **"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2uuwTi0.png

Some interesting names on there. One guy I'm pretty interested in seeing is Aaltonen.

You wonder if there's any chance he might be a dark horse candidate to beat out Dominic Moore for our fourth line center spot.

Yeah for me this training camp is all about the young D. Dermott, Liljegren, Rosen in particular.

This camp is easily the least interesting in a long time, and I mean that in the best possible way. There is really only one spot on D up for grabs. All our top prospects we may normally be placing high hopes on are already NHL stars.

One thing I'd like to see is Kapanen and Dermott come in and take their spots. From those lines it looks like both are starting on the outside, but both also have the talent to be impact players for us this year.

Most spots are taken and I agree, I hope one of the young guys would come in and give management a tough time to send them back down.

Even for F's, Sosh and Leivo and Kapanen are supposedly without a roster spot for different reasons ... I hope they can show they are top 12 NHL players and force management to make a trade

Keen on seeing Aaltonen and the Dermott-Liljegren pair and Rosen tonight.

Gotta figure the Dermott-Liljegren pair is going to end up on the Marlies unless Dermott blows the babsocks off (which he can do but could be a tall order with the 18 year old beside him).

one thing to remember is that the bottom pair will get very limited duty this year now that Hainsey rounds out the top-4 and gives babs 2 pairings to use in all situations. It's probably better for the likes of Dermott/Liljegren/Borgman to get big minutes in the AHL this year. Rosen probably needs less development time though.

This is weird. I'm pumped about a preseason game. wtf?
Haha, same here.

For an explanation, I'd go back to the moment the Leafs were eliminated from the playoffs last season. In that moment, the thing that disappointed me the most wasn't that their shot at the Stanley Cup was officially over. It was that I'd have to wait 4-5 months before I could see these guys play again.

It's just such an interesting and goddamn entertaining group of players to watch.

They sure are that.

Yeah, really anxious to see these guys grow into a contender. It should be an amazing time for us fans.

Back