• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Preseason Game #2 - Capitals vs. Canadiens - Sept. 20, 2017

No I was saying this after they didn't sign him. Thanks for playing.

The team will obviously miss him. Just look at the roster. He's better than every d-man we have (except maybe Weber).

Markov is better than Petry and Alzner. The rest are scrubs.

The team will obviously miss him. Just look at the roster. He's better than every d-man we have (except maybe Weber).

Markov is better than Petry and Alzner. The rest are scrubs.

Jerabek looks alright.

He's no markov but he's a cut above the scrubs imho

Not to the tune of $6 million per for the next two years they won't.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Man you're stubborn --- When you're sitting on nearly 9 million that is doing literally nothing -- not paying Markov 5.5 or 6 million for ONE YEAR is just dumb.

We're going in circles now with this conversation.

Man you're stubborn --- When you're sitting on nearly 9 million that is doing literally nothing -- not paying Markov 5.5 or 6 million for ONE YEAR is just dumb.

We're going in circles now with this conversation.

Word is that Markov wanted 2 years and MB offered him one.

Word is that Markov wanted 2 years and MB offered him one.

Both would have settled on a one year deal according to MB - and it wouldn't have cost 6.5 to 8.5 million. The team would still have plenty for the deadline if they signed Markov.

I'm done with this convo. All the information is available if you research it.

Both would have settled on a one year deal according to MB - and it wouldn't have cost 6.5 to 8.5 million. The team would still have plenty for the deadline if they signed Markov.

I'm done with this convo. All the information is available if you research it.

Boulchit. Markov was holding out for two years and only caved at the last minute when he realized that his game of chicken wasn't working and that NOT ONE NHL TEAM wanted him on a two year deal or for the amount of money he was asking for. That's why he's in the KHL. If he were as good as he thinks he is some other team would have signed him.

Boulchit. Markov was holding out for two years and only caved at the last minute when he realized that his game of chicken wasn't working and that NOT ONE NHL TEAM wanted him on a two year deal or for the amount of money he was asking for. That's why he's in the KHL. If he were as good as he thinks he is some other team would have signed him.

Bang on ....it was 2 in the NHL or he goes to Russia and no one blinked .

He is probably paying zero taxes in Russia , once we signed KA it was over for Marky.

His new bride is from there . It was a game of chicken and no one blinked .

Anyone that offered 2 years got his services , don't care what the reputable sources say .

MB himself said (at the golf tournament) that Markov would have had accepted a 1 year contract but money was the difference. The Habs offered an incentive-laden contract but Markov wanted guaranteed money. It sounded like they were fairly apart.

http://www.habsworld.net/2017/09/news-and-notes-from-the-charity-golf-tournament/

Andrei Markov’s decision to go to the KHL was a source of frustration for many fans. Speaking with Tony Marinaro on TSN 690, Bergevin stated that Markov was seeking $6 million on a one-year contract and that the team countered with a contract that could be worth up to $5 million if he hit all of his performance bonuses. (The Canadiens could offer bonuses as long as it was a one-year offer.) Markov as we all know opted to go in a different direction (and is off to a nice start with Kazan with seven points in as many games).

Back