• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Preseason Game #3 - Devils vs. Canadiens - Sept. 21, 2017

The Colorado Avalanche went 6-0 in the preseason before finishing dead last in 2016-17.

The scores don't matter but individual players looking like junk might matter. Gallagher's hands are gone, Chuckie looks like he needs a fresh start somewhere else, the drafting and player development the last five years looks like a total waste of time . . .

Last edited:
The scores don't matter but individual players looking like junk might matter.

I only care about guys that need to fight for jobs. There arent many to be had.

Happy with Hudon/Mete

Disappointed in McCarron and Scherbak

Wanted to see Juulsen play, sucks he got hurt.

Pretty standard for almost every pre-season ever. Some perform, some dont, some get hurt.

I only care about guys that need to fight for jobs. There arent many to be had.

Happy with Hudon/Mete

Disappointed in McCarron and Scherbak

Wanted to see Juulsen play, sucks he got hurt.

Pretty standard for almost every pre-season ever. Some perform, some dont, some get hurt.

Talk to Trevor Timmins. He has some 'splaining to do.

Its gonna be:

Max-Drouin-Hemsky
Chucky-Danault-Gallagher
Hudon-Pleks-Lehkonen
Byron-Mitchell-Shaw

X-McCarron/Martinsen

Schlemko-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Jerabek-Benn

X-Streit/Morrow

Its gonna be:

Max-Drouin-Hemsky
Chucky-Danault-Gallagher
Hudon-Pleks-Lehkonen
Byron-Mitchell-Shaw

X-McCarron/Martinsen

Schlemko-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Jerabek-Benn

X-Streit/Morrow

There are lots of IF in this team:
If Chucky can bounce back?
If Gallagher can recover from his injury?
If Plekanec can bounce back?
and how many playoff teams have Schlemko(or Jerabek or Benn) type of defender next to a guy like Weber?

There are lots of question marks around this team as we talk.

Anyway my feeling is they will trade Chucky while his value is pretty low. I don't think he finishes the season with us.

If Chucky can bounce back?
If Gallagher can recover from his injury?
If Plekanec can bounce back?
and how many playoff teams have Schlemko type of defender next to a guy like Weber(or Jerabek or Benn)?

Anyway my feeling is they will trade Chucky while his value is pretty low. I don't think he finishes the season with us.

I for once am not worried about Pleks. We don't need the cap space right now, and he will provide stability if he stays between Hudon & Lehkonen.

If Chucky can bounce back? Maybe, but probably needs a change of scenery.
If Gallagher can recover from his injury? He's done, should have dealt him 3 years ago, with the aid of hindsight.
If Plekanec can bounce back? Doubt it, he's been on the decline for 2 years.
and how many playoff teams have Schlemko(or Jerabek or Benn) type of defender next to a guy like Weber? Would matter less if we could score more goals.

I've attempted to answer your questions as best as I can.

Niki Petti, Yannick Veilleux, Stefan Leblanc, Simon Bourque, Thomas Ebbing, Antoine Waked and Tom Parisi will all now report to Laval Rocket training camp.

I for once am not worried about Pleks. We don't need the cap space right now, and he will provide stability if he stays between Hudon & Lehkonen.

My hope is for Lehkonen and Hudon to have a good season, in case of Lehkonen better than last year hopefully. I want see him with Max and Drouin. Play Hemsky with Plekanec or Dano.

:lol

I am only reading this:
Claude Julien: “Some players are making our decisions easier than we thought”

But... I assume he is referring to disappointment and not satisfaction?

Back