• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Preseason Game #5 - Habs vs Leafs - Sept. 25, 2017

CaptainBolduke

John Lu ✔ @JohnLuTSNMtl
#Habs lines vs #Leafs:

Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Galchenyuk - Danault - Hemsky
Byron - De La Rose - Froese

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Davidson - Benn

Montoya
Lindgren

Leafs lineup.

Mark Masters
@markhmasters
Leafs lines at skate

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
JvR-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Aaltonen-Brown

Leaf blueline:
Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Rosen-Carrick

That's one hell of a top 9.

If the plan is truly now for Galchenyuk to play with the likes of Hemsky and Danault - I think trading him would be a better option for the team.

If the plan is truly now for Galchenyuk to play with the likes of Hemsky and Danault - I think trading him would be a better option for the team.

And who would take his place you reckon?

Also, what are we getting back for a 3rd line winger? Two 2nd round picks? A 2nd and a 3rd?

And who would take his place you reckon?

Also, what are we getting back for a 3rd line winger? Two 2nd round picks? A 2nd and a 3rd?

I don't care who they replace him with. If they can get a 1st rounder i'd be happy. Galchenyuk on the 3rd line with those two doesn't help us.

We're already not spending to the cap - we might as well rebuild where we can.

My point is that he should be on the 1st or 2nd line or traded IMO. If I am wrong, whatever --- just my opinion.

Is it the second line or the third line. I think its the 2nd at this point... but whatever.

Does Mitch Marner play on the leafs third line?

I don't care who they replace him with. If they can get a 1st rounder i'd be happy. Galchenyuk on the 3rd line with those two doesn't help us.

My point is that he should be on the 1st or 2nd line or traded IMO. If I am wrong, whatever --- just my opinion.

Hey, we grab a first for him I'm happy. I just don't believe his stock is that high anymore.

How about he starts not getting outplayed by Hudon and maybe this will look like an actual 2nd line? Right now he's the weak link on that line and that shouldn't be the case.

Is it the second line or the third line. I think its the 2nd at this point... but whatever.

Does Mitch Marner play on the leafs third line?

I think it's the second line too. It's just that the 3rd line has been playing well so far in camp while the second line has been struggling, and that's in large part because of Galchenyuk.

As of right now he does. The Leafs top 9 is stacked.

The point is that all three lines get basically the same even strength ice time. The Leafs might play Marner on the 3rd line, but they feature him heavy minutes on the Power Play as well. I wouldn't read too much into what line a player is on in the top 9, as long as he's still getting the power play time.

This goes at LW as well. Zach Hyman is the Leafs 1st line LW. He is easily their third best player at LW behind Marleau and JVR... but the Leafs have spread out their offence.

Some people want to see Pacioretty - Drouin - Galchenyuk, but is that the best line for us at 5v5, or do we spread things out and then worry about stacking a PP unit?

Back