• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

At what point do we look at the GM...

Francois Gagnon

Si Geoff Molson décide un jour de congédier M Bergevin, il n'y a qu'un seul candidat à mes yeux et c'est Julien Brisebois #CH

He should add base on considering the language that JB speaks of course!!!

Both of Molson and MB need to be replaced, enough with this shit.

Man, and that says something!

It didn't matter what GM was in place in Toronto during their dark years.

Management would say that their players needed to make the post season, the GM would do his best, doing stupid shut like Kessel for 2 first rounders and just dig that franchise into a bigger hole.

Once they finally bought into a rebuild with the right GM at the helm with no rush to make it back into the post season they started to see results.

Take the best GM on the planet, give him this core, tell him that the playoffs are a must and you get similar results in my opinion.

I seriously can't believe your doubling down on this.

The GM is extremely important. Toronto is the perfect example, decades of shit GMs.

The GM is extremely important. Toronto is the perfect example, decades of shit GMs.

You cant possibly be saying that the head of hockey operations is important in determining the success of an NHL team, can you?

Management would say that their players needed to make the post season, the GM would do his best, doing stupid shut like Kessel for 2 first rounders and just dig that franchise into a bigger hole.

Once they finally bought into a rebuild with the right GM at the helm with no rush to make it back into the post season they started to see results.

Take the best GM on the planet, give him this core, tell him that the playoffs are a must and you get similar results in my opinion.

The bottom line Toronto finally after decades of moronic moves accepted and executed a total top down cleansing .

Embracing change is half your battle to turning anything around and it applies to sports , losing weight , stop smoking whatever .

We cant embrace anything but lies and excuses . We get it that this consortium isnt funded like MLSE and the media pressure of blowing the french side .

But start somewhere at least with your draft/development team that isnt working . There is no cap on high end great decision makers .

You just clearly explained with this very post how the right GM is extremely important.

While i agree with you, when Lou and his team joined the team, they already had very good base of prospects because of their drafting positions for years, and on top of that obviously Matthews which makes any GM looks good.

While i agree with you, when Lou and his team joined the team, they already had very good base of prospects because of their drafting positions for years, and on top of that obviously Matthews which makes any GM looks good.

I will guarantee you can have the same roster Toronto had last year , if they had Nonnis and his clowns and no Babcock this team isnt winning right now . Babs has completely fixed Kadri and Gardiner and developed thier kids with accountability and pushed them to achieve . Elite coaching and regimes make a huge difference .

I will guarantee you can have the same roster Toronto had last year , if they had Nonnis and his clowns and no Babcock this team isnt winning right now . Babs has completely fixed Kadri and Gardiner and developed thier kids with accountability and pushed them to achieve . Elite coaching and regimes make a huge difference .

Sure, i agree with that, was referring to Lou, Babs really fixed Kadri, big credit to him.

You just clearly explained with this very post how the right GM is extremely important.

The GM is important, I'm not saying that the GM isn't important.

But using Toronto as an example, do you think that team is winning today if when Lou, Shanahan and babcock came onboard, mlse told them that they would not accept a tank and that they needed to go out and get the players and sacrifice the future to win now?

A good GM, a good coach can help a team for sure, no way Toronto is a contender if the ownership didn't buy into the rebuild.

In Montreal, a good GM and a coach will help, but this team isn't going anywhere until the ownership buys into a rebuild.

The GM is important, I'm not saying that the GM isn't important.

But using Toronto as an example, do you think that team is winning today if when Lou, Shanahan and babcock came onboard, mlse told them that they would not accept a tank and that they needed to go out and get the players and sacrifice the future to win now?

A good GM, a good coach can help a team for sure, no way Toronto is a contender if the ownership didn't buy into the rebuild.

In Montreal, a good GM and a coach will help, but this team isn't going anywhere until the ownership buys into a rebuild.
I think part of the GM job is to sell the plan to the ownership.

Stop it :banghead::banghead::banghead:

2 goals and 6 points already, the kid will be really good. If Drouin become a quite good no1 C i don't mind this trade, but if Sergachev turns to become an elite D trading him for winger Drouin wasn't a right choice IMO.

Last edited:
I would give Yzerman all the Molson beer he wants and 2 condos downtown plus a stake in the franchise if he was ever available .

Do you think he was the turning point in Bolts organisation or drafting early for many years, or both?

Back