Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: At what point do we look at the GM...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: At what point do we look at the GM...

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Max Pac is getting a long term 8 or 9 million dollar deal.

He plays the right way.
    You mean he doesn't show up in the big games?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
    @exit716 Your Twitter avatar features the world's happiest dog, I swear
    Nov 23, 9:13 PM via TweetDeck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    And we don't have the assets to acquire a player of note that has a big contract, like a Duchene.
    Even teams with many young ELC assets who want Duchene have not acquired him....

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Even teams with many young ELC assets who want Duchene have not acquired him....
    Be honest, if we're to get into a bidding war for Duchene (or whatever other player that fits the bill), do you think we stand a chance?

We have Mete, Juulsen, Poehling and our future firsts. That's it. There's not much else we have available as trade pieces.
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

My new poorly written out thoughts on this season's Montreal Canadiens.

"Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exit716 View Post
    You mean he doesn't show up in the big games?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Performs like a all star during the season, a soft scrub during the playoffs.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

They should have spent it earlier, sure, but after Markov & Radulov were gone, who, pray say, was still available to be signed as a UFA? There wasn't anyone.

And we don't have the assets to acquire a player of note that has a big contract, like a Duchene.

I don't like that we have $8M in capspace, but I rather not spend it at all then overpay for some random players for no other reason than we can.
    I agree with all of this. Not sure why you think I don't.... you don't need to get all catty when I already agree - and have been saying this since Markov left.

We had money to bring in a nice one year deal. I was never advocating for a long term deal of a shitty player.

Post Thanks / Like

If Bergevin had any decency, he'd get ahead of our prospect problems & figure out a way to trade MaxPac to the NYI for Anthony Beauvillier.
    Drafting those guys instead of trading for them would be a good way to get ahead of our prospect problems. Can't even draft from our own backyard.

Post Thanks / Like

Be honest, if we're to get into a bidding war for Duchene (or whatever other player that fits the bill), do you think we stand a chance?

We have Mete, Juulsen, Poehling and our future firsts. That's it. There's not much else we have available as trade pieces.
    I always mention that to posters who make absurd trade propositions for players.

Do these posters think there are not about a dozen better offers that can be made?

The laughable one was the offer of Sherbak, Mcarron and a 1st for Duchene

Most if not all teams have these Sherbak and Macaron types lingering around in the AHL.

The best asset we had that allowed MB to be a player in acquiring a top end talent was Sergachev...we don't have much else
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Default At what point do we look at the GM...

Peace....not arguing the Habs complete lack of ELC assets to dangle (and let’s be honest in a cap world AAV is everything and ELC assets w value carry the ultimate price tag).

However, we no longer live in the era of wheeling & dealing. Yes Johansson was dealt for Jones - what other pieces of real value were dealt that season other than deadline rentals? MB perhaps made the biggest deal of this season in acquiring Drouin.

What has impressed me over the past 2-3 seasons is how GMs all of a sudden seem no longer to be sucked into overpaying on a deal. We can say MB should’ve “overpaid” and upped the Johanssen offer by adding an extra pick, but that still wouldn’t negate the higher 2nd rounder NJD will likely give up relative to Habs - would people really have offered up a Habs 1st?

Having said that I would offer up a 1st right now to LV for Shea Theodore - MBs got no choice.
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; 10-10-2017 at 11:15 AM.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Drafting those guys instead of trading for them would be a good way to get ahead of our prospect problems. Can't even draft from our own backyard.
    I literally couldn't care less about this sentiment. I really couldn't.
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

"Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    I always mention that to posters who make absurd trade propositions for players.

Do these posters think there are not about a dozen better offers that can be made?

The laughable one was the offer of Sherbak, Mcarron and a 1st for Duchene

Most if not all teams have these Sherbak and Macaron types lingering around in the AHL.

The best asset we had that allowed MB to be a player in acquiring a top end talent was Sergachev...we don't have much else
    Good thing we traded him to acquire a player that isn't playing his natural position. What could possibly go wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing we traded him to acquire a player that isn't playing his natural position. What could possibly go wrong?
    The bigger issue when you have an organization so poorly run and very little depth anywhere is that flipping one key asset for another creates a hole.

We get the valuable top end talent in Drouin but we sacrifice what we sorely need on the back end which is the top two puck moving dman in the making.
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

I literally couldn't care less about this sentiment. I really couldn't.
    I'd care less if we were adept at drafting elsewhere but I found our terrible record from the Q to be completely unacceptable.

Post Thanks / Like

Drouin played center most of his life, he'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Default At what point do we look at the GM...

I'd care less if we were adept at drafting elsewhere but I found our terrible record from the Q to be completely unacceptable.
    I’m more flabbergasted at the abysmal performance of drafting from the OHL - the best prospect feeder program for the NHL over the past 15-yrs....by far.

Mete is all there’s to show for

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

I’m more flabbergasted at the abysmal performance of drafting from the OHL - the best prospect feeder program for the NHL over the past 15-yrs....by far.

I agree. Well we had Subban as well as Galchenyuk.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Mete is gonna break some hearts around here. Can't see him amounting to much.

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Well we had Subban as well as Galchenyuk.
    Yet we keep promoting Timmins.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything is fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Hemsky healthy scratch, Streit on the block, Martinsen on waivers, King released, Ott retired. Some real HOT acquisitions by Bergevin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    Hemsky healthy scratch, Streit on the block, Martinsen on waivers, King released, Ott retired. Some real HOT acquisitions by Bergevin!

Ott had a popular Instagram post when he was with the Habs, I guess they'll consider that a success.
    habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
    @exit716 Your Twitter avatar features the world's happiest dog, I swear
    Nov 23, 9:13 PM via TweetDeck

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast