• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

At what point do we look at the GM...

So far Mete and Weber have produced no where near at the same pace as Weber and Markov did. Weber regressing might have something to do with that though...

Is Weber regressing or is Weber needing to focus more on defense?

He's playing a hell of a lot of minutes as well to cover up for the fact that 4/6 defensemen on this team are junk.

He's playing a hell of a lot of minutes as well to cover up for the fact that 4/6 defensemen on this team are junk.

Honestly, I haven't watched much - so i'm going strictly by stats. Zeke was saying he's had a terrible season. He seems to know everything about every little stat out there. Has a lot of time on his hands I think...

Weber is 32 now. Not a young pup anymore.

I like the fact that an organization that values character can't find room for Larry Robinson, but has no problem hiring a guy who spent time in prison for killing a guy while drunk driving.

Quick fixes for broken teams http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/21087596

Greg Wyshynski: On behalf of the Montreal Canadiens, I would thank GM Marc Bergevin for his service, compliment him on his well-tailored suits and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors as give him a snarling Vince McMahon-esque "Yerrrrrrrrr firrrrrrrred!" in an effort to turn their season, and franchise, around. There's a litany of reasons this is overdue, from his stubborn and extended time in the "foxhole" with former coach Michel Therrien to trading away significant pieces (P.K. Subban, Mikhail Sergachev) and getting returns that didn't significantly fill the Canadiens' needs, to failing to sufficiently replace significant players who left over contractual issues (Andrei Markov and Alexander Radulov). Montreal has spiraled to a 1-5-1 start. There have been calls for coach Claude Julien's head, which is nonsense: This is a problem of construction over coaching. While finding another Francophone coach with the stature and abilities of Julien is difficult, finding one to run the Canadiens as general manager might prove easier -- maybe the Tampa Bay Lightning do them a solid for trading Sergachev and free up rising star assistant GM Julien BriseBois? Or perhaps the Canadiens just get on with it, and declare the inevitable: Hiring Patrick Roy. No matter the replacement, what remains obvious is the need for one in Montreal.

4/6 of the defencemen are not junk.

The third pair has been junk, the rest have been fine.

In fact, Davidson has been decent.

the junk has been Streit, Morrow and Benn so far this year.

Honestly, I haven't watched much - so i'm going strictly by stats. Zeke was saying he's had a terrible season. He seems to know everything about every little stat out there. Has a lot of time on his hands I think...

Zeke pulls lots of stats... .interpreting what he pulls is not always accurate.

Quick fixes for broken teams http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/21087596

Greg Wyshynski: On behalf of the Montreal Canadiens, I would thank GM Marc Bergevin for his service, compliment him on his well-tailored suits and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors as give him a snarling Vince McMahon-esque "Yerrrrrrrrr firrrrrrrred!" in an effort to turn their season, and franchise, around. There's a litany of reasons this is overdue, from his stubborn and extended time in the "foxhole" with former coach Michel Therrien to trading away significant pieces (P.K. Subban, Mikhail Sergachev) and getting returns that didn't significantly fill the Canadiens' needs, to failing to sufficiently replace significant players who left over contractual issues (Andrei Markov and Alexander Radulov). Montreal has spiraled to a 1-5-1 start. There have been calls for coach Claude Julien's head, which is nonsense: This is a problem of construction over coaching. While finding another Francophone coach with the stature and abilities of Julien is difficult, finding one to run the Canadiens as general manager might prove easier -- maybe the Tampa Bay Lightning do them a solid for trading Sergachev and free up rising star assistant GM Julien BriseBois? Or perhaps the Canadiens just get on with it, and declare the inevitable: Hiring Patrick Roy. No matter the replacement, what remains obvious is the need for one in Montreal.

First off he's making it sound like we got raped in the Drouin/Segachev deal which we didn't.

We got a heck of a talented forward who's playing along side wingers that are playing horribly.

Second The so called "rising star" Julien Brisebois hasn't gotten as much as a whiff from other organizations when GM positions became available...didn't hear him interview for the Buffalo job, nor did I hear his name even mentioned in LA, Vegas, Florida etc...

Let's make the same mistake and get a francophone we believe to be a "rising star" again.

Weber is fine....he's a tank and a horse and much like Chara was he will be solid until his mid 30's

Pair him with the right partner and you will have a legit NHL first pairing...get him Nick Leddy, Jacob trouba or any other good puck mover

Weber is fine....he's a tank and a horse and much like Chara was he will be solid until his mid 30's

Pair him with the right partner and you will have a legit NHL first pairing...get him Nick Leddy, Jacob trouba or any other good puck mover

This entire statement contradicts itself.

Considering people are blowing their load over Mete....

Anyways, Weber is coming off his worst season in 7 years and he's been crap so far this year. It's a natural regression process.

This entire statement contradicts itself.

Considering people are blowing their load over Mete....

Anyways, Weber is coming off his worst season in 7 years and he's been crap so far this year. It's a natural regression process.
Weber has been on the ice for 1 5v5 goal against.

He has given up many shot attempts but very few high danger shot attempts.

I still prefer subban. But to say weber is playing poorly or is anything less than a #1 d is asinine

Again, i'm going by stats provided by others. I haven't used my eyes to tell me a story.

Going by what I read - he's been "meh"

With that said - it's safe to predict that this will probably end up being Weber's worst NHL season since he was a rookie.

Again, i'm going by stats provided by others. I haven't used my eyes to tell me a story.

Going by what I read - he's been "meh"

With that said - it's safe to predict that this will probably end up being Weber's worst NHL season since he was a rookie.

That`s not a very strong argument to have when discussing with folks that have actually watched the games.

Meh - I will continue to half ass games and just go by results and numbers until they prove to me why I should spend time watching them.

Back