• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

At what point do we look at the GM...

CaptainBolduke

So this is a Debbie Downie post - so I apologize in advance to those that are optimistic.

With Marc Bergevin going into another year as the Habs GM and the possibility that the Habs may struggle this season (while having no prospects), what will it take for the Habs upper management to remove him as GM?

Is he still safe to go into another off-season regardless of what happens this season? Does the team need to a have a good season for him to remain GM? If they start something like 5-10, will he be fired?

What do you think his threshold is now?

Last edited:
I'd say if we miss the playoff, his job could be on the line. If we make it, he is safe.

Wait for Stephane Quaintal to be a serious candidate, knowing this organization has allergy to any no french names as GM or coach.

Bergevin has destroyed the Habs. Trading Subban? Not resigning your only true puck moving D left? There's nothing in the pipeline, zilch. His contact negotiations will go down in infamy. Sign scrubs to long-term lucrative deals then play hardball with talent to force them to walk. These are guys that wanted to play in Montreal, no convincing needed.

Bergevin is a ****ing moron. He'll go down as another Houle.

Bergevin has destroyed the Habs. Trading Subban? Not resigning your only true puck moving D left? There's nothing in the pipeline, zilch. His contact negotiations will go down in infamy. Sign scrubs to long-term lucrative deals then play hardball with talent to force them to walk. These are guys that wanted to play in Montreal, no convincing needed.

Bergevin is a ****ing moron. He'll go down as another Houle.

Well said,

It'll all come down to what the "ownership consortium" views as sufficient revenue generation, if 2-5 playoff home dates is deemed acceptable...Bergeron ain't going nowhere.

Winning is nice and all, but organization overhaul has no built in guarantees...IBMs of the world plan & live based on knowns not the unknown - they are not the dotcoms of the world

Back