• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing 2017-18 Season

He just did.

As for the vets at the TDL, trade Bozak. He really does nothing at all out there. But I’d keep JVR for the playoffs, and Leo too. Prime scorer and prime PKer still have value to the team’s playoff hopes. But Bozak is addition by subtraction.

He just did.

As for the vets at the TDL, trade Bozak. He really does nothing at all out there. But I’d keep JVR for the playoffs, and Leo too. Prime scorer and prime PKer still have value to the team’s playoff hopes. But Bozak is addition by subtraction.

What's the point in keeping them and losing them for nothing when you might be a significant underdog in round 1. Not to say anything for round 2 and on.

IMO you should only lose pending UFA for nothing if you believe you have a legit shot at the conference finals or even the cup. I don't think realistically you can say that about the Leafs.

If anything Bozak is the one you keep, because the return at the deadline wont be high enough to justify losing the body, unless you just want rid of him, which is fair.

JVR though should be an automatic first round pick, at minimum, you don't pass that up unless you really really like your chances IMO.

I'm alright with trading our UFAs but I think folks are under selling our team a bit here. I don't see us as first round fodder. We can be a tough matchup.

What's the point in keeping them and losing them for nothing when you might be a significant underdog in round 1. Not to say anything for round 2 and on.

IMO you should only lose pending UFA for nothing if you believe you have a legit shot at the conference finals or even the cup. I don't think realistically you can say that about the Leafs.

If anything Bozak is the one you keep, because the return at the deadline wont be high enough to justify losing the body, unless you just want rid of him, which is fair.

JVR though should be an automatic first round pick, at minimum, you don't pass that up unless you really really like your chances IMO.
I would have agreed with this had I not seen the Ottawa Senators come"this" close to a SC final.

imo jvr is much more replaceable than bozak.

bozak has some big holes in his game, but if they trade him they're really thin up the middle. love willy but he hasn't yet demonstrated that he can shoulder that load. people here like to dump on hyman but he is outscoring nylander at ES (7 goals to 6. slight edge in assists for nylander).

meanwhile the bozak-marner pairing was stellar defensively protecting a one goal lead late in the third with brown on that line (after a few shifts pinned in deep with JVR).

makes me wonder if they're trialling goat to see if he can take jvr's spot as a big man on the roster.

speaking of jvr, based on andersen's comments and what friedman said last night, it seems like the comments were directed at jvr and maybe bozak.

babs and freddy couldn't have been happy about what happened on the pyatt goal last night either, which was also all jvr and bozak (bozak gets caught puck watching, jvr doesn't let him know about pyatt sneaking into the slot behind him).

also interesting that we've seen lots of communication problems with gards, jvr and bozak on the ice (i.e. the three true randy regime holdovers).

contrast that to polak, hainsey, marleau, kadri, who are always keeping guys in check when they're on the ice. you constantly hear them yelling.

Anyone notice I think Mark Stone beeline into Marleau to crush him? And Marleau saw him, shrugged and just thrust Stone with his right shoulder? Stone went flying, Marleau must be part BUFFALO man.

34bio37.gif

That’s the thing. It depends on what you think of the team.

I think we’re better than last year, and just underperforming. I feel we can turn a switch and be that dominant team that we were in the third last night.

Keep in mind, even while we’re underperforming, we’re still a tough team to beat. We’ve been giving up last minute leads and losing in OT. Nobody is dismantling us in games.

He’s lost so much speed. All he’s good for now is standing beside the goalie. And for that, he’s beyond elite.

I wish he’d be down for a 3 year deal. Too bad it’s impossible.

Back