• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing 2017-18 Season

According to leftwinglock.com, the combination of Komarov-Kadri-Nylander has been used 4.11% of the time. Only combinations that are higher are Hyman-Matthews-Nylander; Marleau-Kadri-Komo; JVR-Bozak-Marner; and Brown-Hyman-Matthews.

Granted, I thought it was Marleau and not Leo with them.

Link

Last edited:
And more detailed info:

Willie has played 53.18% of his ES shifts with Matthews-Hyman
13.98 % with Kadri-Komo
6.12% with JVR-Bozak
5.06 % Moore-Martin
2.51 % Kadri-Marleau

Those are his top 5 combinations.

Link - Dobber Hockey

with the kadri and bozak lines looking good last night it would be interesting to see what babs would do with matthews out. might just stick willy between brown and hyman.

with the kadri and bozak lines looking good last night it would be interesting to see what babs would do with matthews out. might just stick willy between brown and hyman.

That would be lovely.

More likely though, he'll move Dom Moore in between those two. Willy centres the 4th between Martin and Leivo.

Everybody is talking concussion with Matthews, but I wonder?

We know he was hurt earlier, they never really told us what it was, so we mostly assumed back...could have been shoulder, ribs...whatever.
What if that unexpected hit from Reily triggered that injury?
As soon as he's hit he bends over, and I think he just takes his glove off to adjust his helmet which would be sliding down...he didn't grab his head because it hurt.

Again, it's easy to assume concussion, but if you don't assume, watch the whole thing and maybe it's a guy who's just hurt something and skates off the ice and sits down gingerly because he thinks he's just re injured himself?

Since the Leafs were already being incredibly silent on what's wrong with him, they are just continuing their policy here. It makes things confusing, but it does not have to mean concussion.

Doesn't mean everything's rosy, just saying.

Yeah, I'm not sure about it being a concussion either, Bleeds.

In the immediate aftermath of the injury, it looked more like he was favouring his arm.

I've been listening to the crazies call in...and some of the crazies actually on air...screaming that the Leafs dropped the ball re: Matthews noggin.

He's ****ing outstanding, but we can live without him (especially the semi injured version we've had for the last couple weeks) until he's 100%

We're deep enough and talented enough to get by until he's ready.

yeah, like they'd endanger Matthews career by playing him concussed. okay.
Yep.

I mean, this is the same organization that immediately yanked Nylander out of the WJC's after he was concussed, and proceeded to keep him out for a month after that.

There's really no reason to suggest that they'd do anything other than proceed with extreme caution when it comes to their young stars, in particular their franchise cornerstone.

Once every six months or so my morbid curiosity causes me to flip on the AM radio on the drive home. Did so last night after the game and the twits were literally talking as though Matthews had a concussion. 'We have no evidence but ... blah, blah, blah.'

*click*

In fairness, it looked like the type of collision that could cause a concussion.

But I agree, Leafs would be the last one to throw him out there on the next shift if they had any concerns... hopefully something else.

Once every six months or so my morbid curiosity causes me to flip on the AM radio on the drive home. Did so last night after the game and the twits were literally talking as though Matthews had a concussion. 'We have no evidence but ... blah, blah, blah.'

*click*

I like Jeff Blair, and the 1-4 slot has at least one real Leaffan on it...but it doesn't matter who is one when they call-ins; people suck.

Kappy may be in philly this morning...which would likely mean bad news for matthews.

Back