• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing 2017-18 Season

I'm on my way to Ottawa for the weekend. Anyone know the best place to get tickets to the leafs/sens game at or below cost?

Looked up ticket prices today... 113 per was cheapest I could find. Tickets for Saturday that are on ticket master for 261+ are 160 for the game vs philly.

I bought tickets to the game way back ...$75 each 300 level center of the rink. Same seat costs you twice in ACC so it's not bad if you have other reasons to be in Ottawa

Leafs have signed Roman polak to a 1 yr 1.1 million dollar deal. I guess Babcock wants some muscle on that 3rd pair. Polak-borgman might be pretty good. Suggests that Carrick is on the way out as well

The Leafs are a pretty soft team top to bottom. Carrick and Rosen have some talent but so does The Borg and he'll actually throw a hit once in a while.

Polak as the #6 is something I can live with. The team is so skilled that we can afford to have him in there.

No probs with this. Gives them a bit of depth on the right side and some much needed beef on the backend. Just hope he hasn't lost a step or two from the injury. But ... in Shanagroup I trust*

*as long as it's not goaltending and goons

Clearly we’ve seen the last of Rosen for awhile. So does this mean Polak and Carrick platoon, or one of them becomes our 7th?

Still not fond of the fact that the icing man cometh again, and this time off a broken leg.

I can't say that any of Carrick, Rosen or Borgman have really stepped up and grabbed a job.

I'm not sure that a broken legged Roman Polak is the answer, but I guess he's a safety blanket for Babcock.

I think it's very likely they'll send Polak to a conditioning stint to begin with, for 10 days or so, but after they need to make a decision.

So far I think Borgman has played himself ahead of Rosen, and imo Carrick too, but he hasn't been without his share of mistakes. It's somewhat expected for a young rookie, but I don't now how Babs rate these Dmen.

I'd personally keep Borgman, Carrick and Polak with the big club, and send Rosen back to the Marlies.

my guess is that this is mostly about the PK.

The 3rd pair is barely playing at even strength this year, which i expect will continue even with polak.

3rd pair ES:

Carrick 13:57 (F qoc)
Borgman 13:44 (F qoc)
Rosen 12:21 (F qoc)

but hainsey-Zaitsev has been taking all the PK minutes as babs hasn't found a guy to pair with Mo on the second unit

PK

Hainsey 5:43 - Zaitsev 5:04
Borgman 1:03 - Rielly 1:37
(Gardiner 0:39)

So polak lets Rielly flip back to the left side on the PK unit. Polak might even replace zaitsev on the top unit and reunite the rielly-zaitsev pair on the 2nd unit.

Polak should thrive if the 3rd pair ES usage stays the same.....but if this means the 3rd pair starts getting more ES icetime again then i'm not a fan.

What was the need though?

Our PK is top 10 so far and hasn’t been an issue. Carrick brings more speed, skating, and passing, and plays somewhat physical. I really don’t get what an older, slower, more broken, and stupider Polak brings to the table?

Other than to crush some bones, which I like to see, but that can’t be all they brought him for.

The post directly above yours answers your question.

I’m saying he hasn’t tried anyone else really. How is Polak such a known improvement over Carrick or anyone else when he’s coming off a broken leg and wasn’t very good to begin with?

I think it was literally the day before the signing that Zeke posted about how bad Hunlak actually was. So is the notion now that it was all on Hunwick?

Polak improved near the end of the season last year, but he was noticeably terrible before that. I have never seen another dman make so many unforced errors with all those icings and the inability to make a breakout pass. Why would he be reliably better now?

Back