• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing 2017-18 Season

Forgot to quote this part of the article:

- As of Sunday night, my best information is that the Leafs and Coyotes haven’t had a single conversation regarding Ekman-Larsson. (By the way, I hate reporting what’s not happening with such great certainty because, well, what if they were to have a conversation today?).

Good article on the Athletic about Keller this morning, that once again shows how dumb most of the NHL is. This is exactly what allowed the Leafs to get a player like Nylander at 7 and Marner at 4:

https://theathletic.com/160755/2017...gms-who-passed-on-clayton-keller-think-today/

And that is how you get the second/third best player in the draft at 7.

I can almost understand Benning there. Almost. Still dumb, but I can kind of get it.

But Chia saying he wanted a winger instead of a center is ludicrous.

Also what all these articles about the Leafs needing to move one of their core pieces to get a top cornerstone defenseman completely miss is that the Leafs already have a top cornerstone defenseman.

Interesting that Bobo believes Arizona, probably the Leafs and many other NHL teams do not view Nylander as an NHL centre. Not sure if that includes the long-term.

Interesting that Bobo believes Arizona, probably the Leafs and many other NHL teams do not view Nylander as an NHL centre. Not sure if that includes the long-term.

I don't see how it includes the long term. He has the skating, puck control and playmaking of a center. He's so strong on the puck. Maybe he holds onto it too long, and needs to learn to give it up a bit more in the middle, but literally every NHL person (non-reporter) I've heard asked the question say he's a center.

I haven't heard one good reason that he isn't. "He is good at hiding and finding open seams". What? No he's at his best dominating the puck and making plays with it.

I don't think you get it deckie. If you draft a C, but need a W, the C cannot play W. It is in the official Chiarelli rules. Dumdum

I don't see how it includes the long term. He has the skating, puck control and playmaking of a center. He's so strong on the puck. Maybe he holds onto it too long, and needs to learn to give it up a bit more in the middle, but literally every NHL person (non-reporter) I've heard asked the question say he's a center.

I haven't heard one good reason that he isn't. "He is good at hiding and finding open seams". What? No he's at his best dominating the puck and making plays with it.

I think Willy will be most effective as a centre.

And I think Babs sees it that way too.

Marner and Matthews got some time together last game, could be a sign of things to come.

It makes no sense how some of these guys stay employed. How many spectacular screw ups can you be responsible for before you’re outed as an incompetent poser and never allowed to work again? Worst offender is Bergevin, who has won nothing and overseen many, many glaring mistakes over the years, from trades, to drafting, to signings.

It’s really mind boggling.

It makes no sense how some of these guys stay employed. How many spectacular screw ups can you be responsible for before you’re outed as an incompetent poser and never allowed to work again? Worst offender is Bergevin, who has won nothing and overseen many, many glaring mistakes over the years, from trades, to drafting, to signings.

It’s really mind boggling.

As Leafs fans, we really should not be complaining about Bergy still being employed

I'm of two minds, where Bergevin is concerned.

On the one hand, watching him systematically destroy the Habs is pretty satisfying, as a Leaf fan.

On the other hand, it would be nice if Montreal/Toronto could be re-ignited as more than just a historical rivalry, and if we could actually get the chance to see a Habs/Leafs playoff series at some point in our lives. And neither of those things seem likely as long as Bergevin is at the helm in Montreal, driving the team into a ditch.

On the one hand, watching him systematically destroy the Habs is pretty satisfying, as a Leaf fan.

+1

And in today's NHL, this will never ever change regarding Montreal. As long as their absolute top priority in determining who gets to GM and coach the Habs is that they have to speak french OR, have been a Hab players from a time when you were successful, then you are eliminating approximately 75% of the possible candidates for these positions.

+1

And in today's NHL, this will never ever change regarding Montreal. As long as their absolute top priority in determining who gets to GM and coach the Habs is that they have to speak french OR, have been a Hab players from a time when you were successful, then you are eliminating approximately 75% of the possible candidates for these positions.
What they really need is an owner and head of hockey ops who have the stones to prioritize winning above all else, put a patient, long-term plan in place, stick to it and ignore all the white noise.

Because I'm betting that at least 90% of Hab fans don't give a shit about the ethnic background or native language of their head coach or GM. They just want a winning hockey club. It's mainly some loud idiotic members of the French media, increasingly irrelevant separatist politicians, and an extremely vocal minority of their fans that yell and scream about this shit.

And if the Habs did start trending in the right direction, all of those groups would shut the hell up fairly quickly.

What they really need is an owner and head of hockey ops who have the stones to prioritize winning above all else, put a patient, long-term plan in place, stick to it and ignore all the white noise.

Because I'm betting that at least 90% of Hab fans don't give a shit about the ethnic background or native language of their head coach or GM. They just want a winning hockey club. It's mainly some loud idiotic members of the French media, increasingly irrelevant separatist politicians, and an extremely vocal minority of their fans that yell and scream about this shit.

And if the Habs did start trending in the right direction, all of those groups would shut the hell up fairly quickly.

The Habs have historically won a lot more cups with English coaches than with French ones. This whole "management must be french" notion is just a bunch of bullshit from the last 20 years or so. Winning > Language

The Habs have historically won a lot more cups with English coaches than with French ones. This whole "management must be french" notion is just a bunch of bullshit from the last 20 years or so. Winning > Language

it is a self-imposed handicap. which, as a leafs fan, is lovely. but totally ludicrous.

On the other hand, it would be nice if Montreal/Toronto could be re-ignited as more than just a historical rivalry, and if we could actually get the chance to see a Habs/Leafs playoff series at some point in our lives. And neither of those things seem likely as long as Bergevin is at the helm in Montreal, driving the team into a ditch.

Don't get me wrong, I love it too. The full portion of shit that my Habs friends have had to eat lately is extremely gratifying for a Leafs fan.

But from the standpoint of performance and accountability, it's unreal to me how the same dickheads keep rotating in and out of the 31 jobs that exist for their position (GM, coach, etc.). Bergy has literally decimated the Habs franchise. Not just in losing almost all of the elite players that the previous regime collected, but also in not replenishing them with the exception of a couple of question marks. And yet Molson keeps him at the helm and lets him keep digging the ditch deeper.

If a lawyer was personally ****ing up his client's case or deal over and over again, not to mention just once, on what planet would that client keep using the same attorney over and over again?

Don't get me wrong, I love it too. The full portion of shit that my Habs friends have had to eat lately is extremely gratifying for a Leafs fan.

But from the standpoint of performance and accountability, it's unreal to me how the same dickheads keep rotating in and out of the 31 jobs that exist for their position (GM, coach, etc.). Bergy has literally decimated the Habs franchise. Not just in losing almost all of the elite players that the previous regime collected, but also in not replenishing them with the exception of a couple of question marks. And yet Molson keeps him at the helm and lets him keep digging the ditch deeper.

If a lawyer was personally ****ing up his client's case or deal over and over again, not to mention just once, on what planet would that client keep using the same attorney over and over again?

does the lawyer speak french?

Back