• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2017-18 Miscellaneous News Thread

I've not been to a game in the last two seasons. I simply don't feel it's worth my effort. I can watch on tv and cut it off when it gets depressing, and not spend a dime. I've had zero motivations to go to a game. First time since season 1 in Greensboro. I used to average 8-15 games a year. But now, the team is so bad and boring....I'm losing all interest.

The bigger problem is I'm not seeing any effort to improve. I hope that changes. Francis has to do something. Be a seller, or a buyer, but for Pete's sake get off your ass and do your job. Or go find another job.

Please. In addition to being a Canes fan, I'm a New York Mets, Minnesota Vikings, Tottenham Hotspur and Brooklyn Nets fan. Real fans stick with teams through thick and thin. Sure, the thin has been going on for a lot longer than I've wanted with the Canes, but the thick will be that much more awesome when we get there. This is the essence of what being a sports fan is all about.

Nobody's saying anything about trading in their fan card. I'm talking about backing off of my ticket commitment. I've been a full boat STH for 19 years, and I really don't think I need to defend my fan credentials. But if this club is going to continue to try and sell me on continuing a "slow and steady" rebuild that's CLEARLY not working then I am absolutely going to have to reevaluate my own financial support level. Not because I can't afford it or because I'm going to go root for Tampa or something ... but because I'm sick of seeing my money wasted.

I mean ... it's easy to remain an Aston Villa fan even though they have been epically horrible for going on a decade. All I've got invested is the pittance I pay for an AVTV subscription ... to watch games that I'm free to shut off and walk away from if they aren't going well. It's quite another to be several thousand bucks in on 40+ games a year and watching THIS franchise muddle around.

Last edited:
Nobody's saying anything about trading in their fan card.

That's not how I interpret some of the comments above. You don't need to buy tickets or otherwise financially support the club, but when someone says "I'm done" that suggests that they're no longer going to be a fan.

Also, y'all need to stop taking my comments so seriously!

Cool ... for me "I'm done" means I'd be done pumping my money into the franchise.

And let's be honest ... I'm probably going to give "new owner guy" a year or two to get his crap together. But if he's still clueless at that point, then ... I dunno. The abuse this fanbase has absorbed since 2012 has taken a toll on me.

That's not how I interpret some of the comments above. You don't need to buy tickets or otherwise financially support the club, but when someone says "I'm done" that suggests that they're no longer going to be a fan.

Also, y'all need to stop taking my comments so seriously!

OK, I get that. I'm not giving up on them completely. I love hockey and they do it just down the street from me.

I'm just tired of showing up at the PNC and leaving pissed off.

I'll still wear Canes' swag and watch games and all. I just wish I had my money back. I'm not having a good time going to games right now and that's because of what's ON THE ICE!!!! ,not the way the team comes onto the ice, not how friendly the parking lot attendants are or the price of food. It's a team that has tried nothing and is all out of ideas.

Last edited:
I just got back from Vail and saw someone skiing in a Canes Jersey this week. Good to see not everyone is down on the organization although I admit I was very surprised to see the Canes Jersey!

OK, I get that. I'm not giving up on them completely. I love hockey and they do it just down the street from me.

I'm just tired of showing up at the PNC and leaving pissed off.

I'll still wear Canes' swag and watch games and all. I just wish I had my money back. I'm not having a good time going to games right now and that's because of what's ON THE ICE!!!! ,not the way the team comes onto the ice, not how friendly the parking lot attendants are or the price of food. It's a team that has tried nothing and is all out of ideas.

That made my day Hockey Pat! Great post!

NHL has announced Ilya Kovalchuk is free to sign a contract as a UFA on or after July 1st! Hey the Canes are goal starved...

Fresh off an Olympic bronze medal, Chris Kelly signs with Anaheim, 1 year, $1.25 million pro-rated.

Brian Gionta signs with the Bruins, 1 year, $700k pro-rated.

Mike Fisher will sign with Nashville on Monday, 1 year, $1 million pro-rated.

Anyone else watch the Olympics? Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't want anyone off that team other that the college kids.

He’ll be their 13th forward. But that’s about all he’s good for at this point.

Toronto’s uniform for the stadium series are just the worst. Thank you for letting me share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They’re an homage to the Royal Canadian Navy. Homage or not, they’re hideous.

My daughter ... "good lord, they're whiter than the ice. That so wrong."

Can't say that I disagree. But if you're going to go mono-white, go all in. White skates would have sealed the deal and been 100% WHA.

I just got back from Vail and saw someone skiing in a Canes Jersey this week. Good to see not everyone is down on the organization although I admit I was very surprised to see the Canes Jersey!

I live in Denver now....I wear my Canes gear all the time. Some of these folks here don’t even know where Raleigh is much less know there is a hockey team there.

With that said, I have kept my season tickets. I love my seats and I don’t want to give them up. I’m just not sure that Denver is for me. I have family and friends that use my tickets and I sell the bigger games on NHL ticket exchange. I came home to Raleigh for 8 games in Feb.

I agree a lot with what Jeffbear says. I’m very disappointed in the stick with us we will take care of the STM at renewal time. There is a lot about this team that wears me out. But when push comes to shove, I’m in a love hate relationship with them....more love I care to admit.

Back