• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegas is a good team. Saw them last weekend on the strip. I never even bothered watching them on tv but was taken by how hard they work.
The Florida Panthers have a breakthrough season and then fire Gallant early the next season. They are ****ing idiots.
Vegas wins 5-3. Panthers really messed up.

Vegas is a good team. Saw them last weekend on the strip. I never even bothered watching them on tv but was taken by how hard they work.
The Florida Panthers have a breakthrough season and then fire Gallant early the next season. They are ****ing idiots.
The firing came directly from ownership. Gallant pissed off the real bosses.

Sens getting stomped again and CBC hotstove had Sens being open to moving Karlsson. Could solve our need for a #1 dman

Erik would have to agree to come here, and as nice as it is an idea, I doubt he does that. That said, I do think he does get moved at some point. If I were a prime stud like him I'd want to play on a winner. He can say whatever he wants about wanting to play in Ottawa, and that's to his credit, but I'd be checking the scenery elsewhere asap. That team is a cluster**** right now. It's poorly built, slow, relying on magical goaltending and just so many miracles just to succeed.

But hey, I'm enjoying it as a Leafs fan, as well as tonight's discombobulation by Montreal. :)
Oh, looks like the Blues pummeled the Wings too, nice! :)

Sens getting stomped again and CBC hotstove had Sens being open to moving Karlsson. Could solve our need for a #1 dman

market could be smaller than you'd think, Karlsson has given the sens his 10 team no trade and of the 20 remaining you'd need to have space for a 10 million + deal.

having said that, I think the sens would rather do just about anything than trade Karlsson to the Leafs. the optics to the fanbase are going to be bad enough, seeing him in a Leaf sweater would be 10x worse.

The firing came directly from ownership. Gallant pissed off the real bosses.

Shows what I know....I thought last season poor showing by the Panthers was mainly as a result of a number of injuries to key players (Panthers had little or no depth to replace those losses).

Erik would have to agree to come here, and as nice as it is an idea, I doubt he does that. That said, I do think he does get moved at some point. If I were a prime stud like him I'd want to play on a winner. He can say whatever he wants about wanting to play in Ottawa, and that's to his credit, but I'd be checking the scenery elsewhere asap. That team is a cluster**** right now. It's poorly built, slow, relying on magical goaltending and just so many miracles just to succeed.

But hey, I'm enjoying it as a Leafs fan, as well as tonight's discombobulation by Montreal. :)
Oh, looks like the Blues pummeled the Wings too, nice! :)
Not necessarily. Karlsson can only submit a list of 10 teams that he can't be traded to.

So, maybe the Leafs are on there, or maybe they're not.

Either way though, I couldn't see the Sens trading him here. If they traded Karlsson to Toronto, you may as well fold up the franchise.

I can't see the Sens ever giving us Hot Karl, but as to Erik wanting to come here...if things get bitter in Ottawa, maybe he decides to stick it to them?
Lol, that would be beautiful.

if ottawa were to trade karlsson their prerogative would likely be the same approach the habs took to trading subban - i.e. they'd be looking for a top pair dman in return rather than a collection of prospects. if that is their prerogative, they will be looking for the best possible return, regardless of where karlsson were to end up.

the leafs could dangle rielly, a caliber of player most suitors wouldn't be able to offer up.

starting from the hypothetical assumption that the sens are trading karlsson, what would the leafs need to add to rielly to get a deal done?

Pipe dream, Ottawa would never deal him here.

What a shitshow that franchise has turned out to be though. Poor Sens fans. Dealing him sets them back years and moves them closer and closer to irrelevance.

I don't feel the tiniest mote of sympathy.

**** them.

I mean not all Sens fans are Johnny and SENSible. I've gone to Ottawa many times and I've always been kind of impressed with the passion and hockey knowledge of that market. Most of their fans are harmless and are quite loyal to their team.

Now the organization on the other hand is a joke. I mean that whole drive to negate Leafs fans from buying playoff tickets and bringing their jerseys into the arena was one of the more embarrassing moments I can recall with a sports franchise.

I mean not all Sens fans are Johnny and SENSible. I've gone to Ottawa many times and I've always been kind of impressed with the passion and hockey knowledge of that market. Most of their fans are harmless and are quite loyal to their team.

I lived there for 9 years. You obviously haven't picked up the true vibe from visiting. Or read/listened to any of their media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back