• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole situation is a cluster **** created by our idiot Leaf fan owner.
The silver lining will be if he ends up in TB and extends the drought to 60+ years.

The fun thing about hockey is that the "best" team doesn't always win a 7 game series. Washington wasn't better than Tampa this season, but still put them out. Don't be shocked if we put Tampa out next year too.

If they're taking Callahan's mini albatross, they should be demanding Yanni Gourde.

I really hope TB ****s this up somehow by subtracting too much just to add one superstar.

But with stingy Yzerman at the helm, and dummy Dorion on the other side, I don't think there's much hope of that.

I really hope TB ****s this up somehow by subtracting too much just to add one superstar.

But with stingy Yzerman at the helm, and dummy Dorion on the other side, I don't think there's much hope of that.

The best to hope for is that TB goes crazy to bring in Karlsson and re-sign Kucherov that they have to dump too many of their supporting cast like Point, Palat, Johnson, etc... But man, even to have one year of Hedman-Karlsson on D, with Stamkos, Kucherov, etc... up front could be nasty for the rest of the league.

The best to hope for is that TB goes crazy to bring in Karlsson and re-sign Kucherov that they have to dump too many of their supporting cast like Point, Palat, Johnson, etc... But man, even to have one year of Hedman-Karlsson on D, with Stamkos, Kucherov, etc... up front could be nasty for the rest of the league.
Yeah, there's no getting past it. If Tampa lands Karlsson, they'll be crazy loaded up at least for next season.

But in an ideal world for Leaf fans, Tampa blows their wad on Karlsson, both in terms of cap space ($12M+ X 8) and in terms of assets (Sergachev, 1st round pick, +). And then Karlsson turns out to just no longer be the player he once was before his ankle surgery, while at the same time Tampa's prospect pipeline dries up while they have to continue tossing depth overboard for cap reasons.

Yeah, there's no getting past it. If Tampa lands Karlsson, they'll be crazy loaded up at least for next season.

But in an ideal world for Leaf fans, Tampa blows their wad on Karlsson, both in terms of cap space ($12M+ X 8) and in terms of assets (Sergachev, 1st round pick, +). And then Karlsson turns out to just no longer be the player he once was before his ankle surgery, while at the same time Tampa's prospect pipeline dries up while they have to continue tossing depth overboard for cap reasons.

The Blackhawks model, if you were.

If Melnyk was such a Leafs fan, he'd trade Karlsson to the Leafs.

Dorion should have been telling Stevie Y that if he didn't pay his price, he'd move EK to the Leafs at the TDL.

And with his destruction of the franchise over the past 24 months, it's hard not to feel like Melnyk isn't a sleeper agent come alive...;)

If Melnyk was such a Leafs fan, he'd trade Karlsson to the Leafs.
I almost want to feel bad that I've trolled SENSi for years about Karlsson leaving at the end of his current contract and now it's actually happening. Not to mention that Karlsson's departure is even worse than we could've imagined.

It's entirely possible that all of Karlsson, Hoffman, Stone & Duchene will have either been traded away for pennies on the dollar or will have walked as UFA's by the end of next season, and that the pick Ottawa traded for Duchene will turn into Jack Hughes.

So yeah. I almost want to feel bad, but I can't quite get there.

The one concession I'll make is that I do hope Ottawa gets a new owner sooner than later.

Dorion should have been telling Stevie Y that if he didn't pay his price, he'd move EK to the Leafs at the TDL.

And with his destruction of the franchise over the past 24 months, it's hard not to feel like Melnyk isn't a sleeper agent come alive...;)

Wouldnt that be lou?

I mean, he took Matt Martin off the leafs for free.

Last edited:
Wouldnt that be lou?

I mean, the took Matt Martin off the leafs for free.
The Matt Martin thing is kind of fascinating, actually.

The reaction of Isles fans online & local Islanders media to Martin's return seems to be unanimously and overwhelmingly positive. They all seem to be under the mass delusion that Martin is a useful NHL hockey player.

The fun thing about hockey is that the "best" team doesn't always win a 7 game series. Washington wasn't better than Tampa this season, but still put them out. Don't be shocked if we put Tampa out next year too.
Yeah bro, we still have an incredble team. TB getting Karlsson would make our Cups all the sweeter.

Regardless of what happens with EK, there are going to be some epic, epic playoff series between the Leafs and TB during the next several years.

I almost feel bad for the Bruins who might have a harder draw in the 3 hole then whatever team ( Buffalo) that farts their way into the Atlantic Wild Card

but mostly, getting the division becomes bigger than ever as the difference between facing Boston and uh, New Jersey/Columbus/Philly is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back