• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo it was as much a "don't **** with us" move to the rest of the league as it was an internal message.

in fact it wasn't until he hired Lou that I really got what Shanny was doing.

Babs was a great hire. Dubas was a great hire. But it was when he then went out and added Lou on top that it was clear he was really not ****ing around, and going for a legit Rolls Royce front office.

Agreed. Everything else just seemed a combination of smart (Dubas) and lucky (babcock). It wasn't until Lou when I realized that we were building a big blue machine from the top down.

Brad Richardson back with Yotes
Robyn Lehner to Isles.

Smart chance for the Isles to take. Lehner is a mental case, but most goalies mature into their late 20's and he's shown .920+ ability. Cheaper option than Varlamov as well, who also would have been a decent chance to take for them to sort their goaltending.

Meh, still a wildcard in net. Not solid imo.

Could the Isles hit a home run? Sure. More likely they ground out to second on this one though.

Isles are gonna be bad this year, unless Wahlstrom pulls a Barzal, and Barzal pulls another Barzal, then maybe.

But even then, nah, they're out.

Meh, still a wildcard in net. Not solid imo.

Could the Isles hit a home run? Sure. More likely they ground out to second on this one though.

I'd give them even odds that Lehner turns into at least an average starter. Great AHL pedigree, solid NHL pedigree to this point. Flamed out last season on a trash bag team, but even his flame out wasn't terrible, it was just bad.

At worst he gives them the type of netminding they were already getting (or slightly better), and at best he flashes his .920+ form again and matures a bit (still only 26).

The exact type of gamble they should be trying to make.

I'd give them even odds that Lehner turns into at least an average starter. Great AHL pedigree, solid NHL pedigree to this point. Flamed out last season on a trash bag team, but even his flame out wasn't terrible, it was just bad.

At worst he gives them the type of netminding they were already getting (or slightly better), and at best he flashes his .920+ form again and matures a bit (still only 26).

The exact type of gamble they should be trying to make.

Yeah, I was actually surprised that Lehner wasn't a hotter commodity. He definitely has big potential... and I even think his floor is decent.

Dallas appear to be the front runner for Karlsson and the deal doesn't include Ryan according to the Athletic

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

yeah, zero chance on Klingberg, that sort of defeats the purpose for Dallas.

Heiskanan though could lead a nice package of picks and whatever.

Out of the teams mentioned involved really don't mind Hot Karl going to Dallas. Also keeps him away from Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back