• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's become my standard offer for any rumoured available #1 dman - doughty oel mcdonagh etc.

I'd rather trade Gardiner then Liljegren......the chances of hitting on an elite RHD is just too sexy to deal away.

Unless it was the only way another team would deal us a Doughty of OEL...in which case you'd have to pull the trigger.

obv trade jake instead of lilje.

and yeah i think mcdonagh is crazy underrated, and has been the only good thing on that rangers blueline in years.

obv trade jake instead of lilje.

and yeah i think mcdonagh is crazy underrated, and has been the only good thing on that rangers blueline in years.

I suppose it is remarkable McDonagh's had the career he's had when he's had Dan Girardi tied to him like a boat anchor for most of it.

not only that but he's always buried under tough usage too. (girardi looks way better this year in softer usage than he got withMcD).

Pretty gross if true...(Shipachyov)

DOWkS-aXkAAwXrg.jpg

DOWkTo3WkAAZcli.jpg

Pretty gross if true...(Shipachyov)

DOWkS-aXkAAwXrg.jpg

DOWkTo3WkAAZcli.jpg

Vegas is forsure shares some of the blame here. The first time he got sent to the AHL the golden knights didn't give a crap about him not going down to chicago, but the second time they sent him down it was suddenly a big issue and suspended him.

The funny thing is, one of Vegas's big moves in the expansion draft was passing up the opportunity to select a quality player from Tampa Bay, and eating Jason Garrison's contract in exchange for the rights to KHLer Nikita Gusev.

But good ****ing luck convincing him, or any other Russian free agent to come over to your team now. The way they handled Shipachev seemed completely dishonest and illogical, and in the end, not only did they not give him a chance in Vegas, but they also pretty much blocked him from going to any other NHL team, because Vegas's owner didn't want to have to pay out Shipachev's bonus money.

The funny thing is, one of Vegas's big moves in the expansion draft was passing up the opportunity to select a quality player from Tampa Bay, and eating Jason Garrison's contract in exchange for the rights to KHLer Nikita Gusev.

But good ****ing luck convincing him, or any other Russian free agent to come over to your team now. The way they handled Shipachev seemed completely dishonest and illogical, and in the end, not only did they not give him a chance in Vegas, but they also pretty much blocked him from going to any other NHL team, because Vegas's owner didn't want to have to pay out Shipachev's bonus money.

Yeah, it's one thing if you've given up on him, but it does kind of feel like you owe it to him to give him a chance somewhere else. Chalk it up as a 2M mistake, which sucks obviously, but it feels like someone else would have given him a chance, especially with a 2M discount. Feels like there must have been a lot more going on behind the scenes in this that we don't see.

Owner doesn't seem to have any issue paying Garrison's contract while he plays in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back