Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1760

Thread: Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

I'd love to see Lou figure out a way to take the Polak option away from Babs. He had him out there in the final minute tonight, ffs.
    #freejoshleivo,man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BeLeafer View Post
    I'd love to see Lou figure out a way to take the Polak option away from Babs. He had him out there in the final minute tonight, ffs.
    This.

I think Volc will be right. Quiet day coming up. Martin on waivers could be this week.

Post Thanks / Like

throwing away youth on rentals doesn't make much sense to me. but i'd be fine giving up major young pieces for a stud with term.
    #FreeTimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Stop.
    #freejoshleivo,man

Post Thanks / Like

With the emergence of Dermott, Timmay on the way and them potentially signing that other Russian there is loads of options for us. As for Rosen, heard he has struggled with the Marlies
    #Auston316

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BeLeafer View Post
    You don't really get long-term core pieces via UFA.
    Tavares.

Post Thanks / Like

after Stamkos I'm never investing a millisecond of thought in the hometown superstar jumps ship to sign with the Leafs thing ever again. And it took a lot(ie making it to July 1) to ever start thinking he would be a Leaf at all.
    "...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeafOfFaith View Post
    Tavares.
    Stamkos.
    #freejoshleivo,man

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
    after Stamkos I'm never investing a millisecond of thought in the hometown superstar jumps ship to sign with the Leafs thing ever again. And it took a lot(ie making it to July 1) to ever start thinking he would be a Leaf at all.
    I’m not expecting anything, but I think it makes a ton of sense.

When Stamkos was up, we’d just finished a terrible season and occupiedthr cellar all year. Nobody knew truly what Matty, Marner, Nylander and the kids would become. I bet that was a large part of Stammer’s decision, to not be the main guy on a team with a still questionable future. And the Leafs, of all teams, where if things went bad, it’d fall largely on his shoulders.

But we’ve got a set successful core. And Tavares would just be another guy, not the guy. I’m sure people are looking at how Marleau just kinda quietly joined and gelled, and saw that he isn’t the focal point. Tavares would obviously draw a lot more fanfare, but still, he’d be behind or beside Matthews in the spotlight. The pressure of failure is significantly mitigated.

So I think the situations are very different. I’m not expecting, but I think there’s good cause for hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Tavares is getting at least $10m on a long term deal... as a UFA it could be $12m.

I'm sure if he wanted to play in Toronto, they'd find a way to make it work... but I doubt he takes less money or a short term deal. So it would take some fancy cap work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post
    Tavares is getting at least $10m on a long term deal... as a UFA it could be $12m.

I'm sure if he wanted to play in Toronto, they'd find a way to make it work... but I doubt he takes less money or a short term deal. So it would take some fancy cap work.
    Which is why locking up the big 3 to deals on or before July 1 is a big obstacle. Big difference in them costing 23 mil vs 38 mil long term. (23= 6.5 for both Willy and marner and 10 for Matthews vs 28 being 7.5 marner, 7.5 for Willy and 12 for matthews)
    When my time comes, I want to be burried face down, so that anyone that doesn't like me can kiss my ass.

How many staples did they put in his head? 13?,” Leiweke asks, getting more animated. “They sewed his head back together and he never missed a minute. He literally yelled at our trainer ‘Band-aid it, I’m going back in’. This is who we are at MLSE now, Michael Bradley."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post

That sounds like a whole lot of hoping.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Tavares going anywhere without a void at number 1 C seems lofty and unrealistic to me.

San Jose, Detroit, Colorado, Vancouver and Montreal seem logical to me beyond the Isles, but i think the favourite at the moment should be the Rangers, they are clearly trying to move out money and rebuild on the fly. Tavares knows New York ( sort of) and the Rangers will have a gaping hole in the 1C slot, with ample money to spend.

Superstars have always and will always like the Big Apple

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure he wants that backlash in his life

Isles fans would ridicule him every chance they got

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does that seem unrealistic? I would think its more realistic that he signs with a good team than a shitty one. Especially if the cap goes up as expected.

What is the point of going to Montreal or the Rangers? May as well just stay where you are. I don't see him leaving the Islanders for another "building" opportunity.

Colorado would be interesting, but because they do already have a number 1 center. MacKinnon-Tavares would be a great foundation.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leafman101 View Post
    Why does that seem unrealistic? I would think its more realistic that he signs with a good team than a shitty one. Especially if the cap goes up as expected.

What is the point of going to Montreal or the Rangers? May as well just stay where you are. I don't see him leaving the Islanders for another "building" opportunity.

Colorado would be interesting, but because they do already have a number 1 center. MacKinnon-Tavares would be a great foundation.
    Show me a situation in any cap world where a team has signed a 10-12M FA C when they already have a number 1C

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artnes View Post
    Not sure he wants that backlash in his life

Isles fans would ridicule him every chance they got
    I suspect moneys and the allure of the Big Apple trump that.

Jersey, is another fun one if they choose to open up the wallets

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't know if I want us to hitch our wagon to Johnny T. He won't get the same minutes here, and he's only getting slower.
    #FreeTimmy

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    I just don't know if I want us to hitch our wagon to Johnny T. He won't get the same minutes here, and he's only getting slower.
    See Toews, Johnathan.

Yes, he never scored as much as Tavares did, but he also was better defensively etc and won 3 cups which got him paid, but like Tavares there were a lot of miles on Toews, and it's led to a decline.

Tavares will decline eventually too, and likely not be worth the contract he's paid 10M+ to centers in their 30's just seems like a bad idea for anyone not named SId or GIno

Post Thanks / Like

Lack of speed is the biggest drawback on Tavares. Yep, probably gets worse soon. Jason Allison like, perhaps.
    #freejoshleivo,man

Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast