Page 176 of 282 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 5626

Thread: Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

2nd Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

No offence .... but vegas doesnt have the assets to deal for karlsson if some teams like edmonton leafs winnipeg as well as Florida and others decide to get involved.
    Nylander, gardiner and martin, zaitsev a 1st and then sign tavares to recoup nylander loss.
    Sens could always flip gardiner and/or zaitsev. Plus they get the draft choice and a good young player in nylander. Yes more money short term but savings long term.
    Even if ottawa will take some money back in exchange for the first rounder (Say 3 million for the ryan contract) which the leafs can even give them the money (wink wink) under the table and melnyk can pocket if he wants).
    Then Hope that ryan lights it up with tavares and matthews and trade him asap .... if not, trade him to a team along with a draft choice and a prospect.
    Lets see, gardiner will want at least 6 million next season, nylander 7 million and martins 2.5 contract and zaitsev and his 4.5 thats 20 million.
    Sens take on more money now but lose the ryan contract, and leafs take on more money but get 2 premier players, karlsson and hopefully tavares. If ryan can ever find his groove again then that would be a bonus.
    The cap will be going up the next few year (except the lockout) and you hope 2 of the dmen on the marlies can help this year.
    So from what I can figure, tavares 11 million, karlsson 11 million and Ryan 7.5 million ( minus 3 million retained by ottawa) equals 26.5 million ..... minus gardiner (next season 6 to 6.5 million, martin 2.5, zaitsev 4.5 and Nylander 7 mil .... 21.5 million so really 5 million more for the leafs.

If karlssons or Ryan injuries are a concern then you can LTI.
    Hell you.hope Ryan can be put on the lupul island.

Hyman matthews kapanen
    Ryan tavares marner
    Marleau kadri brown
    Johnsson gauthier leivo
    Soshnikov grunsrom aaltonen and marchment.

Rielly karlsson
    Hainsey dermott
    Borgman rosen
    Carrick neilsen
    And the other kids they gor from russia a few weeks ago.

I know the 4th line looks a bit weak but matthews, tavares and kadri together will be playing around 52 53 minutes of the game. So gauthier will be a little sheltered there.
    Just a thought.
    Also ottawa recoups the first they are losing this year.
    Steep price but you have lilly knocking on the defence door in 2 years .... karlason, rielly, dermott and lilly as your top four in 2 years ..... marner matthews and tavares up front ...
    Jmho
    So zeke what is wrong with my numbers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
    Karlsson will be traded to Vegas sometime in the next month.
    Look for Karlsson to move to Edmonton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    That's a hell of a thing to gamble taking 7.25 x 4 on in a useless player though.

If Eugene insists on Bobby Ryan being part of the deal, it's a hard pass for me interest wise. That's just too big an albatross when it's going to already come with 11-12 million in extension money for a not quite 100% healthy looking Karlsson from last season.

Vegas can afford to eat that to get Karlsson (and it probably saves them from having to send their best kids out in a deal, which they should prefer), but I don't think we can with the wunderkids due big contracts shortly.
    I generally agree with all of this. Fitting the $12M+ Karlsson would probably demand would already be tough enough. Adding Ryan's albatross contract as well would seemingly make it impossible.

There's also a scary element of risk. Karlsson had some pretty major, potentially life-altering surgery on his foot last off-season, and then never looked like himself last season. Maybe that was because he started the season late and had to play catch-up, while playing for a team that was a complete catastrophe on the ice, in the dressing room and in the front office. But there's no way to know.

I guess I was looking to see if anyone here could/would present a credible argument why a move like that would be worth considering.
    Ill trade five ordinary players for one great player any day. You can always find ordinary players. - Conn Smythe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueman View Post
    weird place for a summer home

Post Thanks / Like

Karlsson is NOT coming to Toronto. After ALL the crap their fans have had to put up with, shipping their C and their best player to Toronto would be the worst thing they can do to their fanbase. Ottawa management and ownership will never ship Karlsson to Toronto, even if we package Marner + Liljegren + 1st.

I do agree EDM can easily top LVG's offer, and I think don't think he is going to LVG for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a feeling they wont last long here if so. It didnt take long for Mrs Lucic to want out..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artnes View Post
    Got a feeling they wont last long here if so. It didnt take long for Mrs Lucic to want out..
    I dunno, is that the issue?

Or is it moreso that Chiarelli & Edmonton's front office are realizing that...

Ill trade five ordinary players for one great player any day. You can always find ordinary players. - Conn Smythe

Post Thanks / Like

As for Karlsson-to-Edmonton, I can't possibly see the Karlssons having any interest with that.

The appeal of playing with McDavid isn't enough to outweigh the shitty team they've built around him, their shitty management and the city you'd have to live in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeafGm View Post
    I dunno, is that the issue?

Or is it moreso that Chiarelli & Edmonton's front office are realizing that...

Been told its part of the problem by a few people on the inside and it's already happened
    Last edited by Artnes; 06-14-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artnes View Post
    Been told its part of the problem by a few people on the inside and it's already happened
    Well, best of luck to Mrs. Lucic then, because this isn't exactly a "Chris Pronger asking out of Edmonton in his prime, after almost single-handedly dragging the team to the Cup final" type of situation.

Her husband's lack of offensive contributions even when playing with McDavid was downright Clarkson-esque, and that contract seems pretty likely to keep them chained to the city of Edmonton for the foreseeable future.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, lets not act like this is Lucic wanting out of Edmonton, vs a handful of smart people convincing the morons up there he's awful.

Does EK have a NMC? if so like everyone else before him i assume he picks anywhere other than Edmonton or Buffalo.

I still dig Vegas for him, dark horse Jersey, though i can see Melnyk imposing some stupid rule of moving him out West despite not being able to compete in the East until Karlsson's kid is drafted and he's long dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Vegas would appear to be the obvious fit. They can also take on the Bobby Ryan discount too.

But who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think he'd want to go from one poorly managed Canadian shitshow to another. Even if McDavid is there.
    "...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeafGm View Post
    I generally agree with all of this. Fitting the $12M+ Karlsson would probably demand would already be tough enough. Adding Ryan's albatross contract as well would seemingly make it impossible.

There's also a scary element of risk. Karlsson had some pretty major, potentially life-altering surgery on his foot last off-season, and then never looked like himself last season. Maybe that was because he started the season late and had to play catch-up, while playing for a team that was a complete catastrophe on the ice, in the dressing room and in the front office. But there's no way to know.

I guess I was looking to see if anyone here could/would present a credible argument why a move like that would be worth considering.
    I don't think Karlsson should even have played at all last season on that foot. Not that Ottawa could afford to shelve him given their attendance issues.
    "...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
    I really don't think he'd want to go from one poorly managed Canadian shitshow to another. Even if McDavid is there.
    what if they trade hoffman with him? ...

Post Thanks / Like

Dreger reporting Tavares is focusing on an extension and Lou has been in talks with him daily for the last 2 weeks

And after watching the video its clickbait. Basically says Tavares is negotiating right now but if things dont go well in the next week he will likely explore the FA window
    Last edited by Artnes; 06-14-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That extra year is hard to turn down. That's a lot of bread. That, and NYI is one of the few teams in the league who have the dire need & cap space to give him 11+ million a year.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    That extra year is hard to turn down. That's a lot of bread. That, and NYI is one of the few teams in the league who have the dire need & cap space to give him 11+ million a year.
    Habs have both dire need and cap space.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

but no 8th year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Habs have both dire need and cap space.
    Yep, they're one of the few teams I'd put in that category. Vegas is another. Rangers, Detroit, Philly, St Louis are also teams I expect to make a heavy push if he hits the market.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Page 176 of 282 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast