• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I take that back. Looks like he’s always injured. I’m out.

I can’t believe he’s been in the league this long already. Feels like just a few years ago that class of dmen got drafted.

Popular based on what?

And Jesus if Montreal buys out Alzner already...
This post is not directed at you alone man and, at my fault, is long overdue. Perhaps you do not mean it this way, but I'm a Catholic Christian and I would greatly appreciate if people didn't use the sacred name of Jesus or God in a light or irreverant manner. I would show respect towards something you hold as sacred. Thanks.

474160.gif

At least he capitalized it?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

probably auto grammer correction. I know that tends to annoy me whenever I write either word and it auto capitalizes. As a heathen atheist, I use them as cultural expressions, not as proper nouns representing the creator of the christian universe and his zombie son that is also him.

probably auto grammer correction. I know that tends to annoy me whenever I write either word and it auto capitalizes. As a heathen atheist, I use them as cultural expressions, not as proper nouns representing the creator of the christian universe and his zombie son that is also him.

Don't forget about the Holy Ghost, the José Carreras of that particular triumvirate.

Don't forget about the Holy Ghost, the José Carreras of that particular triumvirate.

How could I possibly forget?

I'm feeling particularly cranky about religion right now, so I want to be careful to not be too much of a dick to Jeremy about this. A short story for the kids as I'm in the mood to vent.

So, after years of frustrating the shit out of Ms Eye (and her mexican family), I've finally asked her to marry me and we're tying the knot next year in Vallarta on a lovely catamaran. We've decided to avoid the trappings of a usual mexican wedding entirely as I'm a complete heathen and while Ms Eye is mildly culturally catholic, I can count the amount of times she's been in a church over the last 5 years on one hand. The catholic church is in no way, shape or form involved in approving our union and we're doing it on said boat by the Los Arcos rocks just outside of Mismaloya, and not anywhere within screaming distance of an approved house of worship.

This works perfect for me, my family and friends, as well as Ms Eye and her family and friends...with one exception. Her mother is a ridiculously devout catholic who has moaned in the past about my not being catholic, not being willing to get inducted into their little cult for the sake of her approval, living with her daughter without marrying her, etc, etc, etc.

So now that we've announced the wedding date and details, her mother is threatening to not come (don't threaten me with a good time lady) because "If Jesus and Mary aren't invited, I'm not invited". No shit.

Anything that can cause a mother to miss one of the most important dates of her daughters life over a difference of world views is mental illness, full stop.

Sorry to hear about your in law troubles Mindz. Been there. Not that you need it or even asked for it but a word of caution: Mother in laws can be the worst influence when things go awry.

Beyond that congrats

Sorry to hear about your in law troubles Mindz. Been there. Not that you need it or even asked for it but a word of caution: Mother in laws can be the worst influence when things go awry.

Beyond that congrats

Cheers.

No surprise to anyone here, but I'm a bit of a stubborn ****. I love Ms Eye dearly but she's already been told to pick a team because I'm not playing by her mother's rules. I'm not afraid to be single in the least and I'm not participating in a big drama show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back