• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pretty. Feel badly for him that he wound up in Edmonton bc I still don't think they know what they're doing there but he'll probably drag those dummies kicking and screaming to success at some point.

That Boucher system is something else, eh?

Funny what happens to that superior defense when the goaltending regresses.

In all seriousness whats happening in Montreal? I expected a step back but did not expect this bad. LA looking good, Dustin Brown getting his career back on the rails
Just spoke about this yesterday and I'm skeptical Brown suddenly found his game.

Hes sucked for a lot of year

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Ha, there were almost 100 SOG in the Anaheim game. Good ol' Randy.

It's really hard to see how the Habs can fix the mess they're in.

There’s only one way.

They have to pay someone to take Price off their hands and full on tank.

And it’ll take several years.

If Bergevidiot didn’t sign him to that extension, they probably could’ve traded him for a good package of picks and prospects at the deadline and kicked off their rebuild, but that’s out of the question now.

But with that contract, he’s likely untradeable.

I wouldn’t take so much pleasure in this if I hadn’t taken so much heat for harping on the painfully obvious for the last couple of years that this was imminent.

Ridiculous. A team a goalie away would take Price. Don't confuse a slump with a garbage D in front of him as him being finished.

Also, this year's team is not the same one you were railing on the past few years so that part is bullshit.

How many teams a goalie away can afford a 10.5 million cap hit? That's the problem. It is a very, very tough contract to move and his 8 years only kicks in next season. And that's without mentioning that disastrous Weber contract.
And will the Habs with their selection of two French guys get a GM who could pull off the miracle the Leafs did with their contracts?
This is a mess. It will be years to fix this. Not sure there is another team in a worse situation.

Not many teams are in worse shape. I've been saying Bergevin is awful for years, now other Hab fans are finally seeing it.

I don't think Price is done and worse case scenario they'd have to eat a few mil of his contract to move him. I don't see him getting moved though. The thing is, to be a contender with a contract like that a team needs cheap young talent. The Habs aren't that team.

Price is great. I love him. I said the moment that contract was signed he was worth that money BUT he plays the wrong position. Don't build around a goalie.

Both price and Weber are moveable on reputation alone, the return may not be that great on them but they can be moved

If Luongo could get moved on his contract, Carey Price can get moved on his.

The only thing is that, like with Luongo, the market for Price would be extremely limited because of that contract, and you wouldn't be able to expect to get much back in terms of tangible assets. Whereas if he was just on an expiring contract at $6.5M, and he was on top of his game, you could probably get a king's ransom for him.

As far as Weber goes, he might actually be more moveable starting next season. That's when his salary drops from $12M to $6M, which makes him more attractive financially, and it also means that the team acquiring him wouldn't be on the hook for any cap recapture penalties.

The Habs would still likely have to eat some of that cap hit though, and/or take bad contracts back.

really hard to find even one good contract on the habs. and there's lots of bad ones.

bergevin should have been fired after the subban trade. not only a disaster trade but a clear sign he completely misunderstands hockey. but instead they fired the dude that sounded the alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back