• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent the whole year hoping the Kings would miss the playoffs, to add some fuel to the "Doughty might leave LA" fire. But scratching and clawing all year to barely scrape into the playoffs, only to get swept (and held to three goals) by an expansion team...that's probably even worse than missing the playoffs.

Seems pretty clear that the Kings are on the exact same track as the Hawks at this point.
Hamilton or Doughty? Which one are you spending the assets on this summer?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hamilton? Are there rumours the Flames are shopping him?

Hamilton at $5.8 mill doesn't even prevent you from going after Doughty or Karlsson. He has been unreal the last 2 years.

Its a rumor that doesn't seem to go away.

Jermain Franklin brought it up again yesterday

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hamilton or Doughty? Which one are you spending the assets on this summer?
Neither.

I wasn't even aware that Dougie Hamilton was supposedly on the block, but he'd cost you a fortune to acquire, and I don't think he really provides what we need on the back end.

And I wouldn't be interested in a Doughty trade either. If he hits the free agent market and the price is right/he's willing to come here, then take a swing at him. But I wouldn't pay a King's ransom (pun intended) to acquire him when he's a year away from being a UFA.

Maybe but guys like Murphy, Kaberle, McCabe, Rielly and Gardiner also got crucified here, so who cares about that.

Z80PJqU.png

He is basically exactly what we need on the back end. An elite right handed, big minute dman with a great cap hit. I can't imaging Calgary actually trades him.

Last edited:
I had Vegas to win... but in 7.

Eastern Conference

Tampa Bay vs. New Jersey (5)
Boston vs. Toronto (7)
Washington vs. Columbus (6)
Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia (5)

Western Conference

Nashville vs. Colorado (5)
Winnipeg vs. Minnesota (5)
Vegas vs. Los Angeles (7)
Anaheim vs. San Jose (6)

Vegas and Nashville were probably the two easiest series to predict.....assuming Nashville wins....hehe...if they do not better trade subban for weber.

Maybe but guys like Murphy, Kaberle, McCabe, Rielly and Gardiner also got crucified here, so who cares about that.

Z80PJqU.png

He is basically exactly what we need on the back end. An elite right handed, big minute dman with a great cap hit. I can't imaging Calgary actually trades him.

Calgary might trade him because he fails the eye test, defensively.

My only word of caution with Dougie is that Gio also made Brodie look like a top pair dman.

A buddy of mine was telling me the other say that Nashville doesnt have 1 player on the roster that was acquired via free agency. All draft and trades.
Kinda curious to know if that is true.

A buddy of mine was telling me the other say that Nashville doesnt have 1 player on the roster that was acquired via free agency. All draft and trades.
Kinda curious to know if that is true.

Bonino, Hartnell, Irwin, Weber.

And fisher...kinda.

Just texted him and he called me an idiot.... He is right , cause he said it was Winnipeg that doesnt have a FA on the team.... is this right? (not sure why i had nashville on the brain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back