• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
He always has the toughest qualcomp on their dcorps other than McDonagh, and always manages to put up a positive cfrel and xgfrel.

He's right in there of the caliber of tanev/hainsey/larsson, imo.

You gotta wonder how he'll do without McDonagh. Sure, he's getting tough comp but he's also playing with one of the best blueliners in the NHL.

true.

either way, though, i think he's a big upgrade on the likes of Miller/McQuaid, and might even steal Carlo's spot.

Elite blueliners have a way of making much lesser guys look good. Hard to say but, yeah, it's surely an upgrade for them.

He was also always playing on his off-side with McDonagh tho....so if he's playing on the left again the loss of McDonagh would be somewhat mitigated imo.

Playing him in the RHD slot with Krug, or on a third pairing on the left against easier competition, he should fair real well.

when do we conceded that maybe Don Sweeney knows what he's doing?

or do we?

He inherited Bergeron, Krejci, Pastrnak (I believe), Marchand, Chara, Rask, Krug. He still dropped the ball with his three first round selections, although maybe not quite as badly as initially suspected.

or do we?

He inherited Bergeron, Krejci, Pastrnak (I believe), Marchand, Chara, Rask, Krug. He still dropped the ball with his three first round selections, although maybe not quite as badly as initially suspected.

He has made some bad signing and trades (Backes, Hamilton, maybe giving up on Smith to dump Savard's contract). At the end of the day the team would be a lot better with Hamilton, Smith and Barzal instead of Backes and Zaboril.

But he has also made some good deals too. Lucic/Jones trade. But then he didn't protect Colin Miller.

This version of the team was basically entirely built by past GMs. But at the end of the day McAvoy is really good and Debrusk and Carlo have been useful parts for them.

Some ups and downs he's probably middle of the pack GM.

or do we?

I'm not really willing to concede that yet. Not when so much of his team's success is due to players he had no hand in acquiring.

The only current Bruins you can really credit him with acquiring are McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk & David Backes.

McAvoy was a legit home-run, and Carlo was a great second-round pick-up. DeBrusk is a nice young player, but again, Matt Barzal, Kyle Connor & Thomas Chabot were the next three guys available on the draft board when Sweeney picked DeBrusk and two other guys that look like "B" prospects at best at this point. And that Backes contract looks like an anchor deal that'll only get worse in the years to come.

Holden is a solid pickup, Bruins are going to be a tough playoff match up. Canucks gave Gubrandson $4 million!? LOL

Holden is a solid pickup, Bruins are going to be a tough playoff match up. Canucks gave Gubrandson $4 million!? LOL

It would be nice to see Columbus squeak into the last spot

They give the Bruins a tough matchup. They play a heavy forecheck game similar to the Bruins

Would be a fun series

It would be nice to see Columbus squeak into the last spot

They give the Bruins a tough matchup. They play a heavy forecheck game similar to the Bruins

Would be a fun series

I am praying Columbus doesn't make it, they play us very tough. I would rather play Tampa than them. Seriously, we barely beat them with their backup playing and letting in several soft goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back