• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll have to retain salary to move Lucic.
I would have to think that they'll either have to eat a pile of his salary, take a similarly bad contract back, or pay somebody a huge price to eat that whole deal.

I can't imagine that anyone would be willing to make a "hockey deal" for a 30 year-old, buyout-proof Milan Lucic with five more years @ $6M left on his deal.

Holy i had to look up the deal. I thought for some reason it was 3 years left. jeeez louis 5 more years at 6 million.

What dummy would take that on?

I would have to think that they'll either have to eat a pile of his salary, take a similarly bad contract back, or pay somebody a huge price to eat that whole deal.

I can't imagine that anyone would be willing to make a "hockey deal" for a 30 year-old, buyout-proof Milan Lucic with five more years @ $6M left on his deal.
Holy i had to look up the deal. I thought for some reason it was 3 years left. jeeez louis 5 more years at 6 million.

What dummy would take that on?

marc-bergevin-canadiens-montreal-hockey.jpg

I read somewhere that st louis was interested in trading sobatka .... he has a 3.2 mil cap hit but if we were able to unload martin as part of the package, he could be the 4th line center.

I read somewhere that st louis was interested in trading sobatka .... he has a 3.2 mil cap hit but if we were able to unload martin as part of the package, he could be the 4th line center.

I think paying our 4th line centre 3.2 million is precisely the sort of thing we have to avoid now

Nash could be an interesting target if he decides to play. I wouldn't want to sign him to a multi year deal, but if he is considering retirement he probably wouldn't want more than a one year deal. And he can still score.

Nash could be an interesting target if he decides to play. I wouldn't want to sign him to a multi year deal, but if he is considering retirement he probably wouldn't want more than a one year deal. And he can still score.
@DarrenDreger

As per Joe Resnick, agent for Rick Nash, Rick remains undecided on playing next season and will forego the July 1st signing period.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

@DarrenDreger

As per Joe Resnick, agent for Rick Nash, Rick remains undecided on playing next season and will forego the July 1st signing period.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yeah thats why I said it. I woudn't want to go anywhere near him on a July 1 contract. But if he decides he wants to play later in the summer I'd be interested on a cheap one year deal.

Apparently Eugene has received an offer to sell the Senators, and turned it down but conversations are ongoing.

At the moment, all of our winger slots appear to be full:

William Nylander
Mitch Marner
Patrick Marleau
Connor Brown
Kasperi Kapanen
Andreas Johnsson
Zach Hyman
Josh Leivo

...but depending on what happens with the Tavares sweepstakes and in the rest of the summer, Nylander may be moving over to center. Babcock may also continue to refuse to dress Josh Leivo. And the only other guy we currently have knocking on the door in the system is Grundstrom.

So I'd probably be OK with signing Nash as cheap depth on a one-year deal, if he was amenable to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back