• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this trade confirms Nashville is keeping the big 4 together for some time.

Johansen turris bonino, josi ellis, subban ekholm.

If pekka rinne can keep it together for another season or two the preds are going to do alright.

And this past summer as well.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

You mean a year ago, before Duchene put up a 40-point season. And with the same crew who left off Subban, Letang, Giordano, Perry among others? Never mind the fact that they played him as a winger, since Canada is pretty deep down the middle, and he might have been added for the simple fact that he's played more wing in his career.

Look, we're not saying that he sucks or is worse than Turris. But is he 2 1sts and a 3rd better? I think that would be very hard to argue.

If the difference is "barely and a tad", why does Duchene make every best on best squad and Turris doesn't even get a sniff for the tryout camps?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
So weber is better than subban. Now I feel better about that deal.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was anti Duchene when the rumors were the Habs trading chuck for him.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back to my first post about this trade...

I’m happy with the deal and you’re all falling over each other to say that Ottawa made a bad trade.

Naturally.

You think we overpaid, we find a way to rationalize that we didn’t. Still the bottom line is we got the best player in the deal, and kept all our prospects. If they resign Duchene, and history indicates that they probably will, we are set for years.

If they resign Duchene, and history indicates that they probably will, we are set for years.

I think that's where we differ. For me, colorado thinking the likes of Duchene/Mackinnon were franchise cornerstone types is why they dissappointed so much.

And I don't see where Ottawa's history in re-signing guys is. Isn't half the reason they just traded Turris was because they didn't want to pay him? I'm not sure I really see Ottawa willing to give Duchene the 7x7 type deal that he'll ask for, whether that'd even be a good thing to do.

And I don't see where Ottawa's history in re-signing guys is. Isn't half the reason they just traded Turris was because they didn't want to pay him? I'm not sure I really see Ottawa willing to give Duchene the 7x7 type deal that he'll ask for, whether that'd even be a good thing to do.

Bobby Ryan and Craig Anderson are easy examples of pending UFA’s we traded for and signed after. Michalek also re-signed when his deal was up, as did MacArthur.

Bobby Ryan and Craig Anderson are easy examples of pending UFA’s we traded for and signed after. Michalek also re-signed when his deal was up, as did MacArthur.

None of those guys were on the level of a Duchene, in reputation at least.

I think even Ottawa isn't fully sold on Duchene. They're giving it 1.5 years to see if they can win anything with him, and if not then they'll be looking to do a deal just like this one to try to recycle him out for another like him, or try to recoup the futures they paid to get him.

In any event, it's a pretty dumb deal for Ottawa for the reasons already stated. If the assets were absolutely nothing, then whatever. But the two 1sts and a 3rd plus Turris is arguably more than what we paid for a super young Kessel on paper (though nobody knew just how high those picks would end up being).

None of those guys were on the level of a Duchene, in reputation at least.

I think even Ottawa isn't fully sold on Duchene. They're giving it 1.5 years to see if they can win anything with him, and if not then they'll be looking to do a deal just like this one to try to recycle him out for another like him, or try to recoup the futures they paid to get him.

In any event, it's a pretty dumb deal for Ottawa for the reasons already stated. If the assets were absolutely nothing, then whatever. But the two 1sts and a 3rd plus Turris is arguably more than what we paid for a super young Kessel on paper (though nobody knew just how high those picks would end up being).

The GM seems pretty sold on him already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back