• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah our farm team was brutal although neither it nor the main team has gone what will be 15 yrs between playoff series wins...

But what about Hillary??!?!#SAD

Place your bets now on who is going to win a playoff series sooner. The Leafs or that sad sack of shit Bergevin has built in Montreal. I mean, if you're going to chirp, let's at least make our chirps relevant no?

I am way too late. Way too late. But I wanted to say before the playoffs started. The Capitals look impressive. They skate teams into the ground. Last year when we played them. I was so impressed with their team play. They skate you into the ground. Very impressive.

Zeke what do the stats say about these guys? To me? Very damn impressive hockey team. Very much a team. Tom Wilson, holy crap.... What a competitor. A larger Darcy. Guy brings a pair....

Auston Matthews and JVR could not keep up with these guys. Few can. Very impressive team. Good to see them have this success. They are good for the NHL for sure. Backstrom and Kuznetsov? Incredible hockey players. Barry Trotz? Strangest looking coach to win a Stanley Cup?? Yeah for sure.

Toronto Maple Leafs will win a cup for sure. But we will do it with players like GOAT and Mason Marchment. I think we hold the cup in 2-4 years. Guy is going to dominate the NHL as a number four center.

Dubas is walking into a great situation. Lew is jealous for sure.
\

The GOAT will play for BAbcock NO QUESTION..... Babcock loves this kid. So so I . I think he a Leaf.
No question this Marchment kid will play for the Leafs. He will be a big big big fan favourite. Babcock is turning Freddie into an animal. Book that. I think our team will be pretty dark next year. Pretty Darcy......

Next years Leafs will be very, very heavy on the puck. Book that.

Fr3e

Gauthier is groomed and groomed That guy is our number four center. Amazing player. book it.

Stanley Cups live and die with your fourth line. Book it.

The Toronto Maple Leafs will not miss JVR being what he is in front of the net. At all. Next years Leafs will be Babcock. Some of us will like it, some of us won't

Fred the GOAT remember that name. If this kid, gets a kill on. a kill. on. The NHL will sing his name. I think the crazy man, Babcock, has this kid ready to kill/. The GOAT remember than name.

Great call picking the Caps. Well done.

@julieturris

This crossed the line from cyber bullying to something entirely different in April. Unfortunate that this private matter has become public. Incredibly proud of my girl for standing up for herself and her family, it took courage.

https://t.co/wAOwGTlKy2

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

So who needs more pròof that melnyk is ballatds illegitimate son ..... thought he looked alot like yollanda

u515m8p1mr311.jpg

Uhhh, what is that exactly?

The Ottawa Sun doesn't have any report like that out there.

Ray Ferraro also makes no claims to being a news-breaker/NHL insider, and his name is also misspelled there.

Uhhh, what is that exactly?

The Ottawa Sun doesn't have any report like that out there.

Ray Ferraro also makes no claims to being a news-breaker/NHL insider, and his name is also misspelled there.

I found the Ottawa Sun article that meme(?) was referencing. The reference to the parking lot confrontation is accurate. (in the sense that the report originated in the Sun, not that it actually happened)

LINK

Cannot verify the Ferraro claims.

Shannon and Cox essentially victim blaming the Karlssons is an ugly look

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...m-david-poile-says-hes-not-trading-p-k-subban

Nashville Predators defenceman P.K. Subban has been listed at No. 10 on TSN’s Trade Bait board, which has 25 players on it, but Predators general manager David Poile told Pierre LeBrun of The Athletic that he’s not trading the former Canadien.

“You see tweets from different places, but that’s not happening,” Poile told LeBrun for his latest column on The Athletic website. “P.K. played terrific this year. He played really well. He’s a really good player. He’s one of the three candidates for the Norris Trophy. I really don’t know where this comes from.”

For some reason, I believe Poile more than Bergevin.

According to Nick Alberga (hosts a hockey show on Sirius and a radio show on sportsnet radio), Erik Karlsson has asked for a trade out of Ottawa.

I think most of us expected him to end up traded, but I think this would seal it.

Any predictions on destination and price?

I'll start by expecting him to go out west, and the teams with the cap space to re sign him and young assets to get a deal done is fairly short.

Vegas, Colorado, Dallas, Winnipeg seem the most plausible. I still think Vegas has to be the favourite as a trade was almost hammered out at the deadline (allegedly the Knights didn't want to give up Cody Glass in the deal and balked at the 11th hour. They just ran out of time to find anything else that potentially worked).

For Karlsson, Vegas is as far away from the fishbowl bullshit that is small market Canadian hockey stardom and as fresh a start as you can get in the league for him I think.

For Vegas it fixes a bunch of issues in one move. It adds a marketable superstar in his prime to help drive interest in the club, and it adds a premier defenceman to a blueline that was led by Nate ****ing Schmidt of all people last season. Get your hands on another decent top 4 defender and all of a sudden a blueline of:

Schmidt-Karlsson
McNabb-XXXXXX
Theodore-Miller

Looks pretty decent. Shit, they would have the cap space left over to take a run at Tavares if they wanted to.

Last edited:
Assuming that Melnyk's stinginess outweighs his preference to avoid making such a deal with Toronto, and that Karlsson wouldn't nix the deal....

Offering to take on Bobby Ryan's contract (4 X $7.25M) in order to acquire Erik Karlsson, worth it or no from a Leaf perspective?

And one thing to keep in mind is that there's almost certainly going to be another lockout in 2020.

And after each of the previous two lockouts, teams got to make "compliance buyouts" that didn't count against the cap.

That's a hell of a thing to gamble taking 7.25 x 4 on in a useless player though.

If Eugene insists on Bobby Ryan being part of the deal, it's a hard pass for me interest wise. That's just too big an albatross when it's going to already come with 11-12 million in extension money for a not quite 100% healthy looking Karlsson from last season.

Vegas can afford to eat that to get Karlsson (and it probably saves them from having to send their best kids out in a deal, which they should prefer), but I don't think we can with the wunderkids due big contracts shortly.

The Sens are just the biggest mess of a franchise right now. If they strip themselves of so much talent this summer, they could be giving up the 1st overall pick next year. And Duchense is out-the-door next summer. They can't afford him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back