• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marleau, Bozak, Hainsey, Komarov, Zaitsev, Moore, Martin & Polak would be all of the guys currently on the Leaf roster acquired through free agency.

You can sort of put a asterix beside Komarov & Polak, as Komarov was originally a Leaf draft pick, and Polak was originally acquired through trade. But both of those guys have left the Leafs since originally being traded for/drafted, before coming back to the Leafs as unrestricted free agents.

eh.

if we're talking about re-signing our own guys and cheapo bottom roster pickups, then no team has no free agents.

Jets

Perreault
Kulikov
Mason
Tanev
Matthias
Hendricks
Hutchinson

Just texted him and he called me an idiot.... He is right , cause he said it was Winnipeg that doesnt have a FA on the team.... is this right? (not sure why i had nashville on the brain)

Kulikov
Hendricks
Matthias
Perreault
Mason
Tanev

eh.

if we're talking about re-signing our own guys and cheapo bottom roster pickups, then no team has no free agents.
Because "technically correct" is the best kind of correct: none of the Leafs acquired through free agency were cases of "re-signing our own guys".

Komarov was signed away from Moscow Dynamo in the KHL, after leaving the Leafs for them the previous season.

Polak was signed away from the San Jose Sharks.

habs give up second rounder for third liners and THEN sign them for big money

Shaw
Petry

Our problem is signing 3rd liners to 2nd liner money. Like, nothing wrong with having guys like Shaw, Petry, Alzner around, but they're paid and played way more than they should.

Kulikov
Hendricks
Matthias
Perreault
Mason
Tanev

yea, the article he was referring to was for playoff rosters.
the only guy there that is on the playoff roster atm is Tanev and he was an undrafted FA. I didnt read the article so i dont know why Tanev wasnt considered a FA pick up. Kulikov is on IR and not on the playoff roster.

Forsberg is incredible. Imagine where the Caps would be if they hadn’t given him away for free.

One of the worst trades ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back