• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeke was never s Galchenyuk fan. Let it go.

I wish he were a Leaf in the same situation. Zeke would not be pleased.
Bergevin is such an idiot. It is so easy for a Leaf fan to sit back and enjoy. We would be shitting ourselves with what he is doing.
You are the worst organization in the entire NHL in terms of depth at C. You trade a #3 overall pick who had a career season at age 21 at C for a winger. You actually spent a lot of time using Drouin as a C last season but not Galchenyuk...
And ownership seems ok with what is going on...
We are so very lucky to have the group the Leafs have running things. And ownership 100% embraced a full rebuild.

Last edited:
the idea that Galchenyuk wasn't given every opportunity is flabbergasting stupidity.

this kid was handed top-6 opportunity on a platter.

:lol

We was "handed" that role the same way Matthews was. He was one of the top talents on the team.

I disagree completely. If you were to rank organizations by depth at C the Habs are 31st. It is shockingly stupid the guy has a career season at C by age 21 and then you stop using him there. If they were stacked at C, sure. But this is the Habs. Their Cs are an embarrassment. They horribly managed him. If the Coyotees simply use him better it could turn out horribly for the Habs due to trading him for a winger.

Of course. Anyone who thinks otherwise is flabbergastingly stupidity.

Come on, you honestly think if the Leafs mismanaged a #3 overall pick like this and then traded him for a guy who scored 9 goals you would be happy? It's good for us since it's the Habs, but we would be very pissed as long as we aren't in love with said players last name like some Leaf fans are.
He scored 10 more goals as a C at age 21 than in any other season. The thought process at that time was, it's over. The Habs have their #1 C.
It's a gong show they have those Cs and somehow never used this guy right and traded him for a winger.

zeke has an opinion.... honesty is no longer necessary. He'll spout whatever nonsense he has to in order to feel he's proven his point.

Come on, you honestly think if the Leafs mismanaged a #3 overall pick like this and then traded him for a guy who scored 9 goals you would be happy? It's good for us since it's the Habs, but we would be very pissed as long as we aren't in love with said players last name like some Leaf fans are.
He scored 10 more goals as a C at age 21 than in any other season. The thought process at that time was, it's over. The Habs have their #1 C.
It's a gong show they have those Cs and somehow never used this guy right and traded him for a winger.

Yeah, to me it's one thing if we had depth down the middle and never used him there. Like the Leafs with Nylander or Marner - they're not playing C, so maybe you'll never know how they do there. But the thing is, you don't need them to, because there's other guys who can handle those roles.

The Habs have been desperate and pining for a C. We've been wanting it. And we have a guy who had potential. And then we tried him there, and he wasn't half bad. And then for whatever mysterious reason, we decided to stop using him there.

It would be one thing if we brought in other C to take over, and then shifted AG to the wing. In all likelihood he is better suited for that role. But the thing is, we don't have anyone to play down the middle. I mean seriously, Danault is like the only C on the roster right now. You think we could have at least put Galchenyuk back there for the last couple months of last couple months last year, I dunno, on the off-chance that he figured it out again? Seriously, the team was butt ugly, sucked like hell, and we didn't think to give him one more chance there? What was the worst that could happen if we tried that and he failed?

I hate Bergevin but it's quite possible this trade turns out to be rather meaningless exchange of disappointing young guys. Perhaps Max will fight hard to match his rookie season and Chuckie will never learn to play without the puck, thus limiting his ice time.

I haven't seen Domi play much. At the very least, Chuckie is a monster on the power play and regular season OT.

zeke let's see chucky's advanced stats as a C and a W

If they're not posted already there's a reason for it.
Seriously though, the guy did have hi smost productive season as a C and the Habs are just pathetic at C. This is more about what an idiot Bergevin is.

i don't get it.

I'm the only one who backed up his opinions.

while you guys say "30gls!" and "bad coaching".

Fear not, Habs fans!

Marc is ironing out the details on a long-term deal with a proven centre.

iur

i don't get it.

I'm the only one who backed up his opinions.

while you guys say "30gls!" and "bad coaching".

How exactly did we not back-up our opinion compared to what you said? It is indeed a big deal he had his best season as a C. And aside from that the fact it's the team that's weakest in the NHL at C it makes no sense what they did.
Advanced stats for his crappy wingers in his 30 goal season. Really?

Last edited:
How exactly did we not back-up our opinion compared to what you said? It is indeed a big deal he had his best season as a C. And aside from that the fact it's the team that's weakest in the NHL at C it makes no sense what they did.

he can't play the position defensively.

doesn't mean they had to trade him for a less skilled winger.

http://www.forumice.com/showthread....2018-Edition&p=2982107&viewfull=1#post2982107

http://www.forumice.com/showthread....2018-Edition&p=2982126&viewfull=1#post2982126

http://www.forumice.com/showthread....2018-Edition&p=2982265&viewfull=1#post2982265

http://www.forumice.com/showthread....2018-Edition&p=2982356&viewfull=1#post2982356

he can't play the position defensively.

doesn't mean they had to trade him for a less skilled winger.
It also doesn't mean they had to completely give up on the possibility of him being able to play the position defensively by the time he was 22.

And from the outside looking in, it doesn't seem like they made much of an effort to teach him either.

They basically took the same dumbass, old-school approach that Ron Wilson & Randy Carlyle took with Nazem Kadri. Which is, instead of putting in a lot of effort, one-on-one teaching time with the player and doing everything possible to build up his confidence while he learns, they just shredded him in public whenever he made a mistake on the ice or off it, and made an early judgement call that he couldn't play the position which they then stuck with out of stubborn pride.

It also doesn't mean they had to completely give up on the possibility of him being able to play the position defensively by the time he was 22.

And from the outside looking in, it doesn't seem like they made much of an effort to teach him either.

They basically took the same dumbass, old-school approach that Ron Wilson & Randy Carlyle took with Nazem Kadri. Which is, instead of putting in a lot of effort, one-on-one teaching time with the player and doing everything possible to build up his confidence while he learns, they just shredded him in public whenever he made a mistake on the ice or off it, and made an early judgement call that he couldn't play the position which they then stuck with out of stubborn pride

Yep, that's exactly what they did and continue to do so.

Molson = Ballard.

22-23

JVR: 91gms, ES (A-), 2.14p60, 1.61p160, +0.3cfr, +1.3xgfr / PP 2.61p60, 2.61p160
Kadri: 126gms, ES (B), 2.22p60, 1.88p160, +3.2cfr, +5.7xgfr / PP 5.26p60, 4.00p160

yeah, other than JVR not beasting the PP yet, they were who they were at 23 too.

their coaches and management were idiots though.

22-23

Galy: 143gms, ES (B-), 1.67p60, 1.32p160, -3.0cfr, -5.8xgfr / PP 5.81p60, 3.71p160

He's terrible.
at wing maybe...

he was always better at centre than the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back