• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shea Weber has had just as many major knee surgeries as John Tavares has had. I'm not downplaying shit. The chance of a 33 yr old coming back from his first major knee surgery and achieving something resembling his pre injury form is pretty ****ing close to 100%.

Why do people also discount the fact that these players see the top surgeons in North America? They further have an entire staff to assist in rehab.

I agree, a guy in his early 30s and in shape should recover from top medical care without major issue.

Weber is the only #1 RHD who is potentially out that that won't cost Nylander, full ****ing stop. Can we maybe get a guy like Faulk out of Carolina for less? Sure, but as much as he would be a nice upgrade over what we ran out there last year, he's probably closer to being a #3 than he is a #1.

Or maybe some people want to decimate the roster going after Karlsson, who also had major surgery on his legs.

The issue with Weber isn’t the knee or the next few years. It’s that he’s signed until 2026.

Mike Peca was never the same after his first major knee surgery. He was only 28 at the time.

While there are always going to be examples of injuries gone wrong, todays medicine is far superior than 10-20 years ago and They don’t call Weber mountain man for no reason.

If he was signed for one or two years and we get him for a song, I’m interested.

He’s not, so I’m not.

We don’t NEED this former and supposedly future #1 RHD so badly to give up assets, take his ridiculous contract, and hope and pray that he’s the same old guy. Now he’s just some old guy, and that’s not a risk we need or should take.

I’m perfectly content giving up a little something for Faulk or Pesce instead, thanks. Not in need of any hobbled supposed savior to help us be older, slower, and more injury prone.

You think you’d only give up a “little” for Pesce? Or Faulk for that matter? Who’s out to lunch now?

The issue with Weber isn’t the knee or the next few years. It’s that he’s signed until 2026.

Yeah, even if Weber recovers to 80% of previous form he’s well worth it but until when? 38? The last few years of that contract though cost nothing.

Personally, I don’t see Bergevin trading him. It would all but be an admittance by him that he ****ed up the Subban trade. If Weber is moved it’ll likely be by Bergevin’s eventual replacement.

Why do people also discount the fact that these players see the top surgeons in North America? They further have an entire staff to assist in rehab.

I agree, a guy in his early 30s and in shape should recover from top medical care without major issue.

Or maybe some people want to decimate the roster going after Karlsson, who also had major surgery on his legs.

im not worried about hot karl either
and his game is speed based

Also I think it’s pretty laughable to call Zaitsev for Weber, plus picks and prospects, a garbage deal for you guys.

I wouldn’t even give you Gauthier straight up for him.

Between the age, the health, and the contract, there’s absolutely nothing you could give me to take him for Zaitsev. Now, if we had a terrible contract of our own on the books for a slightly shorter term on a worse player, I’d do that. But why the **** would I consider tying up all that cap space on a guy who may never be the same when he returns, and then choke on that deal for eight years? No thanks.

If he’s so good, you should keep him and build your new team around him.

The thing is a healthy Weber is exactly what they need

Let Dermot and Morgan handle the puck moving duties and let Weber defend

it is not like weber is without risk

but if he was signed to a 3 year deal and was not hurt the ask would be top prospects, etc

that said

no way to i trade him for alzner 2.0 unless the pot is extremely sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back