• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think McDonagh is as bad as he's looked for Tampa so far, but at this stage of his career he was never a guy anyone should be blowing out their brains to acquire. Particularly the Leafs, for whom he would have been an especially poor fit.

Watched a bit of the Ducks/Kings last night, hot damn that Adrian Kempe would look good on our team. Guy can cut man. And he has nice speed as well.

Washington and Columbus yes. Its not going to be easy in the East, far from it.

Wow, I mean, just wow. And our super Swede, Borgman, has anyone here seen his insane, insane end to end? It was Bobby Orr man. From Borgman. Don't underestimate Swedes I guess.

Hoping it's a nasty stinger. Hopefully the scan doesn't find any hairline fractures

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I'm not a Marchand defender by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't have much of a problem with Marchand cross-checking McDonald in the nose, when moments before McDonald put two hands on Marchand's back and drove him face-first into the glass.

One is a hockey play, however chippy or even dirty. The other is cross checking a guy on the ground in the face, and not a hockey play.

5K fine for Marchand.

The laughing stock of major sports when it comes to discipline

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Whatever happened to Puljujärvi? Is he just too young at 19? or is Oil change messing him up?

90 GP in the NHL, 13 goals, 28 points.

Whatever happened to Puljujärvi? Is he just too young at 19? or is Oil change messing him up?

A little bit of column "A", a little bit of column "B".

I mean, it's also possible that he's not as good as his Finnish league and World Junior numbers indicated. It was curious, after all, when Columbus's Finnish GM took a pass on him and took Pierre-Luc Dubois instead. But the Oilers have handled his development about as poorly and haphazardly as they possibly could have, so it's hard to tell.

chad kilger disease.

big but not huge. fast but not blazing. big shot but not a great shot.

and dumb as rocks.

Why Vancouver didn't try to trade them a couple of years back is beyond me. Could have turned a 5 year rebuild into a two year one.
To be fair, the Sedins have full NMC's, and have never shown the slightest desire to leave Vancouver.

And for players who've meant what they have to that organization, it'd be pretty tacky to try and strong-arm them into waiving their NMC's.

Where the Canucks ****ed up was spending years rolling with a strategy of "well, the Sedins are still here, so that means we have no choice but to keep trying to win now". Whether the Sedins were still there or not, at the very latest a full rebuild should have started after the 2013/14 season, after Ryan Kesler demanded to be traded out of town.

From that point on, the Cup window for that version of the Canucks was obviously slammed shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back