• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy is massively chill. Met up with some Humboldt family, gave them swag and signed it, had drinks, chatted playoffs and stuff.
I heard he tickled an opposing player too, just a great guy to have around your team.

I've said it on the board before. When the wife and I are in Pittsburgh we always go to see the Pens practice. After practices there's a spot for fans to stand for autographs by the players' parking lot. When they leave the parking lot they can either drive right by or pull into the signing area. There are only 2 players that stop every time. Crosby and Fleury. Besides them only like 1-3 other random players with stop... but no Malkin, Kessel, Letang... usually some first and second year guys.

Crosby parks his car and will walk down the line (with 2 security guards) and seems kind of avoid the people who look like autograph sellers.. or I assume that's what he's doing. Usually only signs for about half the people. He's nice enough and will smile a little.

Fleury stays in his car but he signs for every single person, takes pictures, makes jokes. He smiles the entire time and just genuinely seems to love his fans. Everyone in the crowd has nothing but positive stories about him and encounters they've had. The community was really upset to see him go.

I've said it on the board before. When the wife and I are in Pittsburgh we always go to see the Pens practice. After practices there's a spot for fans to stand for autographs by the players' parking lot. When they leave the parking lot they can either drive right by or pull into the signing area. There are only 2 players that stop every time. Crosby and Fleury. Besides them only like 1-3 other random players with stop... but no Malkin, Kessel, Letang... usually some first and second year guys.

Crosby parks his car and will walk down the line (with 2 security guards) and seems kind of avoid the people who look like autograph sellers.. or I assume that's what he's doing. Usually only signs for about half the people. He's nice enough and will smile a little.

Fleury stays in his car but he signs for every single person, takes pictures, makes jokes. He smiles the entire time and just genuinely seems to love his fans. Everyone in the crowd has nothing but positive stories about him and encounters they've had. The community was really upset to see him go.

Kessel sounds like a big jerk.

wonder what the score adjusted numbers are... MAF has made some great saves, but 1) it looks like vegas is the better team when the score is tied and 2) for all the shots wpg took last night there weren't many chances in high danger areas. lots of work on the perimeter.

Holy schizer....they can't win it all.....

One thing this does show is...you can win with all 2nd and 3rd line players....If you spend too much one one or two players. It might not happen,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply unbelievable.

I’ve never seen anything like this, I would’ve bet every dollar on it not happening at the beginning of the season.

This mostly shows that great goaltending can win you a series or 3. Of course you need some scoring too but MAF has been great.

This mostly shows that great goaltending can win you a series or 3. Of course you need some scoring too but MAF has been great.

And that teams were idiots for giving away guys like Marchessault, Reilly Smith, and Karlsson. I mean Karlsson came out of nowhere so okay, but we said how dumb of a move it was to leave a guy like Marchessault open to be taken, and it's proved even worse.

I love that Florida basically gave Vagas Smith to persuade them to take Marshessault off their hands. Then Florida barely misses the playoffs.

And that teams were idiots for giving away guys like Marchessault, Reilly Smith, and Karlsson. I mean Karlsson came out of nowhere so okay, but we said how dumb of a move it was to leave a guy like Marchessault open to be taken, and it's proved even worse.

Yeah Karlsson came out of nowhere, but it wasn't so much they gave him away; the Blue Jackets PAID Vegas a 1st & 2nd round pick to get them to select Karlsson in the expansion draft (Blue Jackets saved some cash on the two years of Clarkson's contract Vegas had to eat).

Fleury's going to the hall of fame.

He’s making a pretty good case this year that except in really rare circumstances ply your horse starter in 50 games, not 65

And - ya - the dudes in his fifth (fourth where he’s gotten majority of starts).

That’s pretty special stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back