• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you dont

Everyone wants awesome players, they just to don't want to pay for the cost of adding awesome players. This is why finding guys with undeserved bad reputations is important. Subban for Weber, Kessel for stuff. Great trades to acquire high end talent.

Everyone wants awesome players, they just to don't want to pay for the cost of adding awesome players. This is why finding guys with undeserved bad reputations is important. Subban for Weber, Kessel for stuff. Great trades to acquire high end talent.

Same goes for the draft....putting character over talent makes you an idiot.

Not underserved, but Kane's reputation is why he was had cheaper than someone older and worse than Nash.

Not underserved, but Kane's reputation is why he was had cheaper than someone older and worse than Nash.

Yeah, I thought about Kane when I made that statement. Some guys deserve their reps, Kane is definitely one of those. But if I had a short tournament to play and had to choose between bad guy Kane and good guy Nash, even if acquisition cost is identical (and oh, **** me it wasn't), I take bad guy Kane all day.

Paying for good guy reputation without the production to match it is almost always a mistake. One of the few outliers there is when that player has a legitimate legacy reputation like Marleau. But even then, he's not worth 6.75 million a year to any team that doesn't have a bucket of high talent kids who need to see what that guy does every day to prepare to play.

Except if it's Aaron Hernandez.

Well yeah. Bad character in sports is relative. Kane is just a black guy who likes instragram, vegas, pussy and partying more than he likes playing in frigid hellholes, and hard work. He's not a psychopath though.

Well yeah. Bad character in sports is relative. Kane is just a black guy who likes instragram, vegas, pussy and partying more than he likes playing in frigid hellholes, and hard work. He's not a psychopath though.

I get your overall point about character being overrated but Kane is actually a great example of the benefits of hard work. Kane's best year was 5 years ago. Since then he's been producing like he's Paul f ucking Byron

I;m actually really bored of those 2. The novelty has worn off.

I just like that it's a big, fast veteran club that will put a decent beating on the smaller, faster Penguins. If we win game 7 and can get past Tampa, it would be nice if Pittsburgh was softened up a bit.

It has to be the Caps time to win no?
If they couldn't get it done last year, I don't know why they would this year. Pittsburgh's better and Washington is significantly worse.

The only wild card is goaltending. Washington has some shooters, so Pittsburgh can't afford for Matt Murray to shit the bed too many times.

Pittsburgh is better than they were last year?

I disagree sir.
They're worse in goal, with the loss of Marc-Andre Fleury.

Aside from that, though:

IN: Kris Letang, Derrick Brassard, Riley Sheahan, Dominik Simon, Jamie Oleksiak
OUT: Ron Hainsey, Nick Bonino, Matt Cullen, Chris Kunitz, Trevor Daley

The additions of Letang & Brassard in particular are pretty sizeable improvements over last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back