• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bergevin should have been fired long before he was able to trade Subban.

I'm starting to see you may have been right about Therrien, highly underrated considering he won a few division titles with this club.

Ridiculous. A team a goalie away would take Price. Don't confuse a slump with a garbage D in front of him as him being finished.

Also, this year's team is not the same one you were railing on the past few years so that part is bullshit.

Never said anything about him being finished.

It’s that insane contract.

And of course the team is different. It’s evolving into a worse and worse product. I never thought it was a winner even in the best of times, but the argument was that the core was garbage. I think MB agreed with that, but how he decided to change it was disastrous.

I wouldn’t take so much pleasure in this if I hadn’t taken so much heat for harping on the painfully obvious for the last couple of years that this was imminent.

You've been saying they're terrible for 3 years, and won the division in 2 of those 3 years. Good call.

really hard to find even one good contract on the habs. and there's lots of bad ones.

bergevin should have been fired BEFORE the subban trade. not only a disaster trade but a clear sign he completely misunderstands hockey. but instead they fired the dude that sounded the alarm.

FYP

man bergy's been terrible in the draft. even worse that he traded away maybe his best pick.

but the team could have so easily been in better shape.

Mete - Subban
Sergachev - Markov
Emelin - whoever

Price

that is a sweet base right there with good youth and great mobility.

Yeah, we know.

You want to go back further?

McDonagh-Subban
Sergachev-Markov
Mete-Emelin

Price

No reason they wouldn't be set for a decade, minus Markov that is.

You've been saying they're terrible for 3 years, and won the division in 2 of those 3 years. Good call.

Shitty core propped up by Price, with major cracks and zero playoff success.

It was a pretty good call when I was debating the point with people who thought they were true contenders.

The Habs should have a nice core right now but they've pissed it away with mismanagement and terrible drafting. Mindboggling really.

These are fun

DM3HcVwVoAABXe_.jpg

I assume it's asking for starting five plus goalie, only one from each column. And that we're basically getting each player in his prime and not worried about injuries.

If so, then I'd go with Lemieux ($4), Selanne ($3), Leclair ($1), Leetch ($2), Niedermayer ($2), Brodeur ($3).

you kind of have to take Lemieux there because for some reason they haven't listed him as a $5 in that format, which is silly.

That's why I went with Blake on D. Skill and nastiness. Then pair him up with the ultra talented Leetch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back