• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

We Have a Trade: Redmond for Deslauriers

BKerr

Banned
Deslauriers adds some grit to the AHL team and could be a fourth line grinder call up.

After signing Gelinas the Habs had too many vets in the AHL, and needed to rotate them if they kept Redmond.... this alleviates that issue.

Today at lunch, I traded some walnuts for some cheese. Needed to rotate some snacks.

Today at lunch, I traded some walnuts for some cheese. Needed to rotate some snacks.

I take cheese all day and everyday...especially the high end cheese like Black Diamond

Unsurprisingly, it's the headline on rds.ca. AHLer who happens to be from Québec traded to the Canadiens, front page news!

I take cheese all day and everyday...especially the high end cheese like Black Diamond

be careful...too much cheese is bad for you. Nuts pack a nutritional wallop and will alleviate some of your issues.

So you think he's a legit prospect?
No.

I think hes a legit help to the ahl team. And part of making laval competitive. Hes better at that than martinsen.

To me a used puck bag is someone who is echl caliber and a pure contract dump to get off the books on a 50 man contract limit. Baun is better than that. Hes like friberg was last year or blunden or one of those guys. Helping the ahl team win would help development imo

Martinsen wouldnt have even played in the ahl for laval as they had 7 vets and can only play 5 at a time. They werent playing him ahead of froese or holland or terry

6 vets now. 1 must be scratched every game

Holland
Froese
Terry
Deslauriers

Jerabek
Gelinas

For me a used puck bag is any player who's not going to play with the big club, or just marginally. Martinsen was also a used puck bag.

My growing concern is now also spreading to pro scouting. They have hit on a few (Byron/Weise/Danault/Benn?)

But the list of misses is growing:
Zach Redmond
Andreas Martinsen
Dwight King
Nikita Nesterov
Stefan Matteau
Max Friberg
Lucas Lessio
Brian Flynn
Jiri Sekac
George Parros
Davis Drewiske
Blake Geoffrion

Add to that the squandered assets... Jeebus

Can't all be winners. Pro scouting has been great. The more interesting thing to look at is what we lost. Ghetto. Anybody else?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Can't all be winners. Pro scouting has been great. The more interesting thing to look at is what we lost. Ghetto. Anybody else?

Markov for nothing, Radulov for nothing, Vanek for nothing, Beaulieau too late, Emelin too late, Pleks will be too late.

It's not about regrettable loss. It's about anticipating the talent and knowing when to turn it over. I don't give a shit about winning dink and dunk trades like Weise. This teams only legitimate addition to the core under Bergevin cost us a player that was going to be core (Sergachev). 5 years, nothing else? That's crazy.

Markov for nothing, Radulov for nothing, Vanek for nothing, Beaulieau too late, Emelin too late, Pleks will be too late.

It's not about regrettable loss. It's about anticipating the talent and knowing when to turn it over. I don't give a shit about winning dink and dunk trades like Weise. This teams only legitimate addition to the core under Bergevin cost us a player that was going to be core (Sergachev). 5 years, nothing else? That's crazy.
That is more contract negotiation than pro scouting.

My growing concern is now also spreading to pro scouting. They have hit on a few (Byron/Weise/Danault/Benn?)

Zach Redmond
Andreas Martinsen
Dwight King
Nikita Nesterov
Stefan Matteau
Max Friberg
Lucas Lessio
Brian Flynn
Jiri Sekac
George Parros
Davis Drewiske
Blake Geoffrion

Which one of those cost significant assets to acquire.

When you take low risk gambles on players, sometimes those players don't work out. Every team has a bunch of journeymen that don't work out.

In order to get a weise and a byron, and a few others, you are also going to get a bunch of guys who are no better than what we traded away.

No one on that list represents a loss of a big asset, or a big contract, or really anything more than a guy we gave a low risk opportunity to... with 50 contract limits, thats life in the NHL.

Losing Markov, Radulov, etc... is on Bergevin. Thats not a failure of pro-scouting.

That's a legitimate gripe with Bergevin though and one i made many times over the summer. He hasn't added any core pieces.

Zach Redmond
Andreas Martinsen
Dwight King
Nikita Nesterov
Stefan Matteau
Max Friberg
Lucas Lessio
Brian Flynn
Jiri Sekac
George Parros
Davis Drewiske
Blake Geoffrion

Jesus, let's stop this hysteria. Every teams have those lists. Let's go through it will ya?

Zach Redmond -> Free agent depth at minimal salary, at a decent first camp then got injured then fell out of favor. No harm done.
Andreas Martinsen -> Traded for Sven, I don't like this deal personally but we were about to probably lose him for nothing anyway
Dwight King -> 4th round pick. This was a waste of a pick.
Nikita Nesterov -> Racine + 6th pick. Markov was injured and we needed temporary help on the PP. Not much hurt.
Stefan Matteau -> DSP. He fell out of favor after the incident with Galchenyuk so we shipped him out for an ok prospect at the time. It's a loss.
Max Friberg -> Dustin Tokarski. No loss for some help in the AHL.
Lucas Lessio -> Thomas played 1 game in Arizona. A wash
Brian Flynn -> Flynn and Mitchell were acquired for a 5th and a 7th and played 281 games with us. I'll take those deal any time.
Jiri Sekac -> Freebie who turned into DSP who gave us one ok season.
George Parros -> 7th round pick. I somewhat got the need for an enforcer as Sens, Bruins and Leafs all had one but he got injured and never could really prove his value.
Davis Drewiske -> 5th round pick, waste of a pick
Blake Geoffrion -> The guy had a freak career ending injury, gimme a break!

Total cost of those "misses" : Andrighetto, Tokarski, a 4th, 2 5th, a 6th and a 7th pick. In 5 years, that's not too bad, and that's excluding all their good moves.

What hysteria? I know they didn't cost much to get! The point is to make the team better.

Not happening at pro scout level
Drafting
Free agency
Trade

Pro scouting is likely the least concerning of all of those things. But like I said... all these low risk low reward moves have got us NOWHERE.

Back