• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2017-18 Miscellaneous Canes News Thread

WTF??? Just another reason to stay home and watch on TV. What a disgrace Dundon. Idiots all around.

as someone said recently , the posters on this site tend to tilt older right? So I would not expect that song to be popular here. I don't like rap but I don't see the problem with using a small clip of that song. I am pretty tired of the oldies/metal stuff that the Canes play at games because they seem to think all fans like it.

Middle-aged white guy here, not in target market for "music" like this and reminded why he doesn't mind a bit that he isn't.

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Then again, I didn't vote because I don't really care what clip of music they play; I'm sure those lyrics aren't going to be heard in what they use. As pointed out many times, our signature RYLAH anthem lyrics aren't exactly a Dan Fogelberg song.

Whatever. Just score the goals, Canes. Oh, and if you want me to do that helicopter thing, make the playoffs and I'll do it with one of those rally towels. Not takin' my shirt off... nobody wants that.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the media will write an article on the songs lyrics.

Meh ... the only couple of NandOers who have discussed the issue supported this song's section, so it would have to be an awfully slow news day for the editor to ask for that deep a dive into pettiness.

Not that I of all people can't appreciate a good bout of pettiness every so often.

I was thinking writers north of the 49th parallel would be the guys writing on this song. We all know how much they love the Canes up there. Winter starts there in a couple of weeks so they need something to do indoors. :thumbup:

I put away my "get off my lawn" cap and fully expected it.Not a huge fan of the genre but I will have to admit that "Back in Black" and a number of my other favorite tunes from my formative rock years of the early 80s were not church hymns either. Ah yes, first concert of mine was in the 70s and was KISS. The memories of all those training bras thrown up on stage still is etched in my memory. Sorry for digressing, slow "news day". So far............

I was thinking writers north of the 49th parallel would be the guys writing on this song. We all know how much they love the Canes up there. Winter starts there in a couple of weeks so they need something to do indoors. :thumbup:

Again with the meh. There's barely any goal songs that you couldn't take potshots at for lyrical content if you were so inclined. We've been criticized for dumber stuff.

It doesn't have to be pure as the driven snow or anything but how many of them can 95% or more of the fans there not sing the lyrics to without being charged with a hate crime? The lyrics are offensive. The artist is a criminal.

I personally don't like RAP, but I don't expect them to cater to what I like music wise. I don't get why they feel like the music has to be so overwhelmingly loud either. I don't think that fires up the crowd generally, it makes them shut up because they can't hear each other.

It just seems to me that if you're going to pick a song like that, you'd really have to have a compelling reason for doing it - and it's not like there's anything about this song that makes it any better than any other song you could pick at random that doesn't have the negatives as part of the package.

+10000000

You have to wonder why TD would approve of this song. I just don't get it. Nice first impression Tom. Way to alienate your fan base. Maybe the plan really is to move the team.

Perhaps I'm a bit old, but I had kind of wished that "Sweet Caroline" was the goal song. I don't know who Pauly Pablo is and I really don't care. I tried to listen to the song and it was underwhelming to me...It's odd though, because the people that can afford full STs
or partial plans on an annual basis and can afford to sit in the lower bowls tend to be of a different demographic age and finance wise so it's certainly not my bracket they're targeting.

I would guess Dundon was possibly told the guy was a local rapper , he could have looked up more information beyond that.

I figure the marketing dept. picked the songs and maybe Dundon did not know the picks until they were up for the voting.

Perhaps I'm a bit old, but I had kind of wished that "Sweet Caroline" was the goal song. I don't know who Pauly Pablo is and I really don't care. I tried to listen to the song and it was underwhelming to me...It's odd though, because the people that can afford full STs
or partial plans on an annual basis and can afford to sit in the lower bowls tend to be of a different demographic age and finance wise so it's certainly not my bracket they're targeting.

If you would have asked me what a Petey Pablo was I would have likely guessed a new burrito that Mo's added to their menu...

How much cash do they have to throw at Petey for this disgusting $hit?

Yeah, Neil Diamond >>>>>>> Petey Pablo, by miles.

I would guess Dundon was possibly told the guy was a local rapper , he could have looked up more information beyond that.

I figure the marketing dept. picked the songs and maybe Dundon did not know the picks until they were up for the voting.

Well he should have, and he should have realized this is a not a smart way to choose a goal song.

It would seem to me that on this kind of thing, you just have your team of professionals who understand this kind of thing choose a song that the fans didn't even know they wanted.

Bottom line, this isn't any big deal and probably doesn't impact the on ice product, but it's not a win for them and it should have been an easy one. It's not like anybody was super duper excited because they got to vote on a goal song - I bet that didn't sell a single ticket - let alone season tickets.

Dundon is on board with this, he tweeted a picture of himself with Petey Pablo earlier.

The guy has rapper street cred....armed robbery and then trying to bring a stolen gun on a flight at RDU about 7 years ago. 2 jail stints. I actually don't really have an issue with that, he did his time, he's out. Its not like the other 7 songs were all performed by choir boys (except Brass Bonanza I suppose).

Last edited:
reminds me of a funny Sopranos show episode - a rapper wanted cred so he hired a mob guy to shoot him in the leg . Episode title was "Fleshy part of the thigh"

Back