• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2017-18 Miscellaneous Canes News Thread

LeBrun tweet from a couple of hours ago:

Hurricanes GM Don Waddell and Elias Lindholm's agent Peter Wallen expect to meet Friday here in Dallas to resume contract talks for the RFA. Teams continue to call Carolina about the 23-year-old forward. Carolina would rather sign him and keep him but if they can't sign him...

cap is 79.5 M floor is 58.8 M

schedule highlights: State Fair road trip only lasts 11 days, three games; 13 of first 19 at home; New Year's Eve home game vs. Flyers; 8 of final 12 at home.

Robin Lehner will be a UFA

Last edited:
Our January 8 game against the Islanders will be played at Nassau Coliseum. The Fishsticks are playing 20 games there.

I think Lindholm will settle for 4.5. He really can't expect more, and I certainly wouldn't give him more than that at this point.

So, if we were to move Skinner, Turbo and Lindholm, we're going to need some pretty heavy duty return up front to just get back to where we were in terms of forward talent.

That pretty much takes us to 1 NHL Center worthy of play above the 4th line plus Aho.

I hadn't heard any concerns about Teravainen , since when was he a problem? We are not going to get rid of every player when its time to pay them.

I had heard Tuevo's name mentioned though. I don't think it's likely that we'll move him, but I do think Dundon is serious that he's willing to move anyone except Aho - and that's the right mentality. We're not good enough to be attached to these guys, and to keep any of them if there are offers for them that make us better.

I think Lindholm will settle for 4.5. He really can't expect more, and I certainly wouldn't give him more than that at this point.

I’d rather have Lindholm here for another 3-4 years at that kind of number and trade away Rask. The money due to Rask is ridiculous for what he brought to the table last year.

Who is being used in promotional materials? Aho, Jordan, Williams, Slavin, Pesce, Hanifin and then what? All of our rookies?

This just in from the intrepid reporter AG

Thirty goal scorers just don't fall from the sky.

Defensemen don't fall off trucks at your doorstep.

Why can't any of our reporters do any kind of digging beyond what we all could write (and several of us much better). Heck, why an article that's just speculation based on the current roster, management comments and a few rumors. He even hits on a topic that would actually be a good article - Darling showing up not in shape last year - and he recognizes that that's another story, but apparently it's one that would require some work, and maybe some edginess as a reporter - so... Why do I even read his articles - I guess that's on me...

Edmonton wants to get defense help and they will trade #10 pick for it. Most likely the Canes have talked to them.

I absolutely believe that we've talked to them, but I fail to see a simple deal that makes sense. Unless there's some 3 way nonsense going on, I doubt anything comes of this aside from talk.

Back