Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: 2017-18 Miscellaneous Canes News Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2017-18 Miscellaneous Canes News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
    from twitter:

Latvian Hockey Federation to host a press conference to announce the retirement of Artūrs Irbe's #1 prior to Latvia - Swiss game on April 26th.
    Well deserved. Irbe carried them to such heights and was class to the bone all the way through his career.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

So, Dahlbeck to CSKA .

Post Thanks / Like

I had Dalhbeck as non-tendered or traded in my big UFA/RFA prediction...I will claim I'm 1 for 1 so far, but Dahlbeck not being retained is one of the easier calls. The only reason he was really here last season to begin with was the whole expansion draft had to sign and expose the guy situation. He's barely a #8 DMan on most NHL teams...you can put him out there and he won't kill you but his level of play is easily replaceable.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to Dundon, anyone hearing anything about RF's status? Last thing I remember is he was not reporting to work and wanted more clarification as to his new duties. I don't remember the new title being thrown around. Was it VP of Hockey Operations?
    Shape Up or Ship Out

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
    So, Dahlbeck to CSKA .
    Thanks for the translation. I don't read Cyrillic very well.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

From Google Translate:

Swedish defender Dalbek will move to CSKA
    Swedish defender Klas Dalbeck will sign a contract with CSKA Moscow at the end of the season.

According to "BUSINESS Online", the defender of "Carolina", whose agreement with the NHL club expires at the end of this season, will take one of the legionary vacancies in the army club.

In the current season, the 26-year-old defender held 33 matches in the regular season, in which he scored 5 (1 + 4) points with a score of -6. For his career in the NHL, Dalbek scored 23 (6 + 17) points in 170 games with a score of -31.

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they expect Francis to do any work. You really don't want a fired guy hanging around. He is probably trying to find a job with another team .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmaleski2 View Post
    I had Dalhbeck as non-tendered or traded in my big UFA/RFA prediction...I will claim I'm 1 for 1 so far, but Dahlbeck not being retained is one of the easier calls. The only reason he was really here last season to begin with was the whole expansion draft had to sign and expose the guy situation. He's barely a #8 DMan on most NHL teams...you can put him out there and he won't kill you but his level of play is easily replaceable.
    Dahlbeck is an NHL number 9 defenseman at best, so he'll be fine in the KHL. I hope he has fun. He's a good guy and he gave us all he had. It's not his fault that he just doesn't have enough mobility to really play at this level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JFG View Post
    Back to Dundon, anyone hearing anything about RF's status? Last thing I remember is he was not reporting to work and wanted more clarification as to his new duties. I don't remember the new title being thrown around. Was it VP of Hockey Operations?
    I've been told that Francis started to show up at the offices again late in the regular season after being virtually invisible for a solid month. So they must have cobbled together some sort of role for him over that time. Given that the draft is coming whether we're ready or not, and that we've still got Ronnie's scouting staff in place I suspect he's looking over that end of the operation.

Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmaleski2 View Post
    I'm also 1 for 1 out of the gate! Dahlbeck was press box fodder for the most part...Trevor Carrick or Roland McKeown should be in the mix in the starting 7 unless a trade sees other D coming in.

Now the next soldier that is being recruited out of Carolina should be Derek Ryan...Wild Bill has likely already placed a couple of phone calls to his favorite teacher's pet to come ply his trade in Calgary!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637