• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #5 | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | Oct. 14, 2017

Yeah I’d rather they be mediocre tonight and pot one in the 3rd

Kinda fed up of hearing how hard players work and that we’re generating scoring chances and that Gallgher, Shaw and Byron show guts and that we got 31 shots and that the hdfrt% is high.
I hear ya but that's just because we're struggling right now. All I can really ask for is a strong effort and generating scoring chances. They had our best chances in the 3rd.

Price didn't play well.

But the complaints about his contract, the ideas to trade him, all that.... ****ing hilarious.

Seriously, do you really think that Carey Price is going to be a .900 goalie for the next 9 years? or do you think this is a bit of a blip?

Price didn't play well.

But the complaints about his contract, the ideas to trade him, all that.... ****ing hilarious.

Seriously, do you really think that Carey Price is going to be a .900 goalie for the next 9 years? or do you think this is a bit of a blip?

He will be an albatross in 3 years as we continue to look like donkey`s in the standings

What part? That's he'll be an albatross or that will look like donkeys in the standings?

Both.

I doubt a 32 year old goalie has fallen off to the point where no one will want him.

I doubt that a team with said goalie, and that currently has most of its key forwards under 25, plus what looks like an excellent dman at 19, will be a bottom feeder.

What part? That's he'll be an albatross or that will look like donkeys in the standings?

Both , the contract is a no win for us .

We dont have the assets to get better and 31 will just keep us afloat and not in the high lottery ( unless his recent stellar play continues)

Then we will continue paying megabucks to pretty boy with the other big deals with our 30 something gang and think this core can win .

It will fail miserably while others will pass us in the standings .

Both.

I doubt a 32 year old goalie has fallen off to the point where no one will want him.

I doubt that a team with said goalie, and that currently has most of its key forwards under 25, plus what looks like an excellent dman at 19, will be a bottom feeder.

We will find a way to trade Mete....

Chelios, Desjardins, McDonaugh, Subban, Sergachev.......outside of Markov, we've always traded our best dmen in the past 3 decades.....Mete is next...

Both.

I think the contract alone makes him an albatross, even if he's still good. True contenders won't have the cap space to afford him and it won't make sense for non-contenders to have him.

Also the worst position in the standings isn't the bottom, it's the dreaded middle, where Price will likely keep us without any hope of getting out of it.

I think the contract alone makes him an albatross, even if he's still good. True contenders won't have the cap space to afford him and it won't make sense for non-contenders to have him.

Also the worst position in the standings isn't the bottom, it's the dreaded middle, where Price will likely keep us without any hope of getting out of it.

Bingo bango .......we needed Toronto`s young stud core for 31 to make sense to give him term putting aside the salary .

Now you have elite assets in their early 20`s with time on your side .

Who gives a shit if many of our players are 25 and younger , most are what they are right now and none project elite top line difference makers .

92 isnt a center and isnt driving the bus on the top line . He is good and will produce but isnt solving our C issues .

D is molasses with one aging star and a bunch of whatevers and all are approaching their 30`s as well .

Mete is fine but lets not get carried away with his value .

Simply put we have too many holes, not enough depth , and no elite prospects to justify riding the tails of a 30 year old goalie with a fragile group .

Its been nearly a quarter century of bandaids and we still cant get to the finals with a legit roster.....SO SAD

Price didn't play well.

I don't care what you say, he is not worth $10.5m of cap hit. No way, no how.

You must have missed the don't care what you say about this part.

He's not $4m better than other goalies. Cap waste.

I’m not bothered by Price...it is what it is.

We’ll get elite goaltending from him over the big picture, anyone who thinks even superstars players dont struggle is ludicrous.

By I do agree that he needs to start proving his worth when it matters, he wasnt that good in the playoffs last year and we could have used one huge game from him to beat the Rangers.

What bothers me more than anything is that is rebuild or retool will be hard for management to endorse with that contract along with Webers

Back